Finance Operations Specialist
United Kingdom, Remote /
Octopus Electric Vehicles 🚙 – Finance /
What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re looking for a Fleet Finance Specialist to help us run a slick, efficient back-office that enables our sales and customer service teams to provide great service to customers. You will be a key link between the central finance team and the local Commercial, Operational & Sales departments.
We are looking for someone who has a great eye for detail, who is comfortable in owning a process and is always looking for ways to improve as the business grows.
The main aspects of the role will involve the vehicle payments and funding operations, along with supporting the commercial operations. The key responsibilities involved in each are set-out below, although we expect day-to-day activities to evolve as we grow the business.
What you'll do
- Manage the process to ensure the vehicle purchases are paid on time whilst ensuring it doesn’t impact our cashflow
- Own the process of drawing down funds from our asset finance partners to fund vehicles
- Review the payments we make to our funders each month to ensure they match expectations and help to resolve any queries
- Help to prepare monthly reporting packs for our funders (i.e. pulling together information including management accounts, KPIs on fleet growth, new clients on-boarded etc.)
- Help to prepare for funder audits
- Help to project manage our credit proposal process for B2B clients
- Own the process of recording which funders we have brokered leases for each month and providing Finance with the information they need to invoice our commission payments
- Work with our Finance and Operations teams to review monthly invoicing and direct debits
- Work with the wider teams to put in place the processes and systems that you will need to deliver on the responsibilities above efficiently
What you'll need
- Excellent attention to detail as some parts will be repetitive but accuracy is extremely important
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style to achieve maximum impact upon relevant situations and audience
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and a wide range of stakeholders
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude with confidence in your own abilities
What you'll love about us...
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub -Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.