Head of Contracts
Octopus Energy Services – Field Operations /
We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
Octopus Energy Services (a brand new subsidiary of Octopus Energy) is building a field force of engineers to install smart meters and other renewable linked tech.Octopus Energy has quickly established a reputation for service excellence, mainly through fast and friendly online operations - achieving a 5-star Trustpilot rating and a Which? Recommended energy supplier award for the last 2 years in a row. In fact with Affect Energy and M&S Energy (both Octopus Energy sub brands) 3 of the top 5 positions on Trustpilot for energy supply are taken up with Octopus brands. So we are building a field force that can not only live up to this standard, but also turn it up a notch.
Our group includes Octopus Energy Services, Octopus Energy, M&S Energy, Affect Energy, Octopus Energy Business Solutions and Octopus Electric Vehicles.
This role is central to the smooth running of the business. You will be managing multiple third parties across the supply chain from installers to equipment providers and everything else in between.
The scope of this role covers the end-to-end relationship with third parties from initial selection, on-boarding, performance management, compliance and ongoing optimisation.
We are looking for and experienced Head of Contracts with awesome people and relationship skills and with a keen eye to detail. The role will be broad and varied and will evolve over time. You can be based in London, Leicester, Brighton or Warwick.
What you'll do
- You will build and maintain excellent working relationships with third party service providers
- You will create plans to optimise cost and productivity
- You will understand the service providers’ strategic drivers to deliver the business smart roll out program
- Negotiate with and influence people at different organisational levels
- Drive to deliver outcomes and work independently
- Travel across the UK to build relationships face to face with key partners (subject to COVID restrictions, otherwise virtually e.g. on Zoom)
What you'll need
- Have at least 3 years’ experience working as a partnership manager in metering or a comparable industry
- Have proven ability to successfully manage contract delivery with a significant focus on customer experience and safety.
- Be commercially astute and able to work on your own initiative
- Be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with service providers
- Hold strong working knowledge of commercial contract principles and terms – CIPs would be advantageous
- Have excellent negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to operate with impact at different organisational levels.
- Be able to plan and organise effectively
- Be numerate and analytical with the ability to understand information quickly and accurately
- Be flexible to travel across the UK
- Have experience helping third parties diversify
- You will be comfortable with performance management
What you'll get
- Equity Options Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups. If you this sounds exciting to you and you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!