Operations Manager - Core Customer Ops
London, UK /
Octopus Electric Vehicles 🚙 – Operations /
What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re looking for a talented Operations Manager to join our team to help define what the world thinks of Octopus Electric Vehicles.
You’ll join our existing 2 Ops Managers who are responsible for “Customer Care” and “Quality Assurance, Learning & Development” respectively. Your focus will be on the “Business as Usual” tasks, ensuring that we’re effectively working to our targets across our core Customer Operations.
Our Operations team is growing fast, and you’ll play a key part in helping to streamline processes, and taking the lead on implementing new approaches and effective ways of working. This is a great opportunity to use creative thinking in a fast-paced delivery environment.
What you'll do
- Take full ownership of the day-to-day running of Core Customer Operations
- Be the ultimately-accountable person for ensuring we hit our KPIs, e.g.
- You’ll be responsible for defining how our KPI’s for each Ops team should change over time as our business grows and becomes more complex
- Be responsible for our headcount forecasting and driving hiring to make sure all core Customer Ops + Specialist teams have the right skill-sets and number of people
- Manage a team of ~5 Team Leads (each responsible for ~10 Customer Ops Specialists), coaching and inspiring them to do some of the best work of their careers
- Empower all our team leads to take ownership of their own team’s success, coming to you for help with finding the right people for their team
- Lead on project managing some of the more reactive work e.g. curveballs the leasing industry throws our way
- Reviewing existing arrangements, giving suggestions on alternatives as well as clear, actionable recommendations highlighting risks, mitigations and measurable outcomes
- Leading implementation of new approaches including revised customer journeys, changes to our systems, reporting and team training tools
- Work to improve our team’s understanding and technical proficiency of Key2, our core leasing system
- Own complex problems, generate & implement solutions
- Help the wider team by “flexing” in busier periods: taking on responsibilities to help with the management of the Customer Operations team, hiring, managing interns, supporting team leads, developing and maintaining our reporting tools
-95% answer rates on the phone
-Average email response times of <1hr
-100% compliance for our deliveries (all pre-delivery checks completed. always)
What you'll need
- An operational mindset - scope, implement, scale is the way we look at everything
- To thrive in ambiguity, ask incisive questions and take a structured approach to problem-solving
- A strong bias to analysis and analytical capability - being able to quantify requirements or problems and work through them based on rational principles is key
- High levels of comfort with managing and interpreting data
- Demonstrated history of ownership, close collaboration with colleagues as well as strong presentation and communication skills
- To be naturally curious with a history of measurable positive impact wherever they go and a completer-finisher mentality
- Experience of using basic spreadsheet programmes is essential as is an ability to get to grips with software tools that are new to you, fast
- Experience working in a high growth company
- The ability to write a SQL query to help you solve problems are desirable but not essential
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- What do you get? Click here
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.