Business Development Manager
United Kingdom, Remote /
Octopus Electric Vehicles 🚙 – Sales /
What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re expanding our amazing Electric Vehicle Growth Team.
Are you ready to be our next sales superstar: are you a passionate and experienced new business hunter, then we want to hear from you.
You will be responsible for managing sales directly with our business customers (roughly speaking 750 - 7,500 employees) focusing on our industry leading Electric Dreams Salary Sacrifice product.
You will be the face and the voice of Octopus Electric Vehicles, advising and supporting prospects throughout their journey towards setting up their very own Electric Dreams Salary Sacrifice scheme.
You bring a passion and dedication to improving the Customer Experience along with expertise in relationship building and a genuine passion for sustainability; whilst being an honest, empathetic and an all round great person.
You have a history delivering a professional sales experience and track record of exceptional sales performance, whilst being highly skilled at identifying targets, prospecting, and exceeding customer expectations… you are able to drive direction, navigate the sales cycle, and fully engage within a high performing team.
This role will include a generous car allowance as part of the overall package and will be a hybrid role, based at our Weybridge and London offices, with remote working potential too.
What you'll do
- Take full ownership of driving new business
- Establish and develop your sales pipeline with customers - nurturing your relationships from lead through to delivery, whilst meeting (and ideally exceeding) targets set
- Plan, target, and secure the acquisition of new customers
- Manage your pipeline, recording progress in our CRM system and keeping things up to date
- Record customer satisfaction and best practice measures
- Support customer launch events to spread the word of electric vehicles, our role in creating a sustainable future, and how we can help
- Provide excellent customer service through the sales process
- Share best practice and things you’ve learnt with your wider team - we’re still growing and we have lots to learn along the way
- Work with the wider teams to develop and deliver propositions and materials for the B2B market
- Strategically build your pipeline working with the wider team to create strong relationships both internally within departments and externally with our customers both on a consumer and business level
What you'll need
- Proven track record of delivering an excellent customer experience, coupled with a ruthless focus on the customer with a genuine passion for going above and beyond for customers
- A passion for creating a sustainable future through decarbonisation via electric vehicles and renewable energy
- Previous sales experience within a B2B consultative environment is a must, alongside a track record in hitting, smashing and succeeding targets in your previous roles
- Knowledge of employee benefits and/or vehicle leasing would be a big benefit
- Excellent listening and communication skills, alongside an ability to deliver exciting and engaging presentations
- Experience using Google Drive, MS Office, CRM systems and other associated IT based technologies
- A true completer, finisher mentality
- An understanding of the sales cycle and customers’ buying process, whilst being able to envisage the why and what behind each section of the business and how that creates the entire vision
- A start up / entrepreneurial mind-set being able to adjust to change and keep up with a fast moving business
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.