Design Lead - Kraken Field
Kraken Technologies UK 🦑 – Kraken Field /
Kraken is the technology tentacle of the Octopus Energy Group.
We’re looking for a designer to join Octopus’s rapidly expanding home retrofitting tech platform, Kraken Field.
About Kraken Field
We’re making converting homes to green electrons as simple as possible, by building a giant integrated platform to enable engineers to retrofit homes with smart meters, solar panels, heat pumps, and EV chargers.
We’re busy launching in new countries, working with ever more engineers and tech partners, building exciting new features at scale, and creating the integrated solution to retrofit homes across the world - all in the name of making it as easy and cheap as possible for customers to go green.
Kraken Field is a multifunctional team made up of product, backend, design, mobile, web and more - all focused together on making Octopus the go-to name in green home installations. And we’re looking for smart individuals with an interest in the space who can help us make it happen.
About you & what you’ll do
- We’re looking for someone to take design ownership across the team, as such you’ll be someone who thrives on uncertainty and loves to make an impact. As the primary designer you’ll work alongside the team to create a design system and integrate design processes. You’ll enjoy contributing across the whole product process and you’ll stay on top of upcoming trends that could benefit the business.
- The home retrofitting industry and Kraken Field as a product are rapidly expanding, and are a hugely important part of decarbonising the planet - you’ll have a big responsibility from day one and really help influence how we scale the product to make that happen.
—Don’t think you check off the requirements below? We love hiring passionate people with a drive to learn so drop us a speculative application—
- Be able to discuss vision and features within a team and propose creative solutions
- Have a strong portfolio of pieces you’ve contributed toHave experience designing for both mobile & web
- Be keen to focus on user needs and figure out how to improve usability/UX
- Have experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team, working closely with product managers, developers, and stakeholders
- Be comfortable designing for multiple platforms at once
- Have facilitated workshops, user interviews, usability testing and discovery activities to understand how to best meet the needs of customers
- Have a pragmatic and flexible attitude
Non requirements but a bonus if you do have experience in any of these areas!
- Knowledge of After Effects and/or Lottie Animations is a plus
- Experience designing for tablets
- Working proficiency in Spanish or French
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.