Head of Marketing (12 month maternity cover)
London, UK /
Octopus Electric Vehicles 🚙 – Marketing (Growth) /
What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re helping the masses to join the electric driving revolution and we need your help.
We make it totally hassle free to switch to electric driving by giving customers the whole EV package. Car, charging, energy. The lot. And we offer some cool ways to get behind the wheel for a much lower cost than you’d think.
We’re looking for maternity cover for our Head of Marketing to lead a team of 13 high-performing marketers from across a breadth of specialisms including:
-CRM & email marketing
-Digital performance marketing - paid and organic
-And everything marketing related in between
This is a great opportunity for an experienced marketing leader who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment, is confident in leading on marketing strategy but also happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in when needed.
Start date: early August
Length of contract: 12 months
Type of contract: FTC
What you'll do...
- Brand development: Periodically review our brand strategy and guidelines, working with design team to make sure they’re fit for purpose, and make sure all marketing activity is on brand
- Lead full-funnel acquisition strategy generating B2B and B2C leads for our salary sacrifice scheme, personal leasing and business car leasing propositions
- Commercial reporting: report on overall marketing performance in weekly trading meetings and give ad hoc updates on performance of different strands of marketing efforts
- Customer experience: support Community Manager to improve customer experience and build advocacy
-Tailor activity for different segments of the market, including different business sizes, industries and motivations for joining salary sacrifice scheme
-Cost effectively grow awareness and consideration among key audiences
-Improve engagement and conversion throughout marketing and sales journey to increase quality of leads and improve overall efficiency
-Balance cost effective lead generation activity with longer term brand awareness and consideration activity
-Create sales materials to support Business Development team and make sure all assets are on brand
-Lead events team strategy to help reach as many employees as possible and raise awareness of the scheme through their workplace
What you'll need...
- Experience in fast-growing start-up environments - we move quickly, always trying out new ways to help us grow, and we need someone who can set the pace for the team
- Team management experience - our marketing team are a smart, ambitious bunch and they need a super strong leader to support them
- A broad marketing skill set - you’ll cover everything from brand and PR to digital marketing, website conversion and comms, so you need to have a breadth of experience and in-depth understanding of how each channel can work together to achieve our goals
- A can-do attitude: you need to be willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in when the team needs support
- Adaptability: things change fast here and we need to change and pivot quickly
- Ability to prioritise and think critically - there’s always a lot going on and loads of cool things we could do. You need to be able to decipher which tasks we should do
- Commercial confidence: you’ll need to back your strategy and ideas up with the commercial benefit you expect it to drive for our business and be able to communicate that clearly
- -As we’re doing a lot of activity for the first time, this will often mean being resourceful with the data you can get hold of, rather than relying on past activity’s performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: you’ll need to be able to get your ideas across to people with differing levels of understanding of marketing
- A creative mindset: we don’t take a typical approach to marketing and we need you to think differently about the challenges we need to overcome
- Great teamwork: you’ll need to work across the whole marketing team and wider business to make sure the content on our website is optimised
- Unreal attention to detail: you’ll be able to spot typos or inconsistencies from a mile off
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.