London, UK /
Octopus Energy UK 🇬🇧 – Partnerships /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re looking for a Commercial Manager to support our team to develop new business models, alliances and partnerships by deploying a range of green tech we’ve developed across the Octopus Energy Group.
What you'll do
- Evaluate and develop new commercial models for Octopus Energy to participate in the decarbonisation of homes, businesses, buildings and the built environment in general
- Market research
- Build financial models to quantify business opportunities
- Develop views on where there is value for the group when assessing new opportunities
- Input into budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Undertake ad hoc analysis to test hypothesis or validate a course of action
- Undertake commercial / financial due diligence on potential partners
- Negotiate commercial terms with potential partners
- Focus on deploying our technology and solution to push forward decarbonisation
What you'll need
- Be highly numerate
- An analytical mind, able to construct a case for action based on data and facts
- An understanding of financing / project finance and the ability to navigate and evaluate different funding and financing options
- Working knowledge of the energy market/sector with a working knowledge of energy efficiency and grid flexibility services is a bonus
- An agile mindset; you can both nurture a commercial offering and optimise the implementation to the smallest detail
- An ability to pick up work in a fast paced environment with a willingness to learn
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- An interest in sustainability, green energy and zero emissions buildings and transport
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.