Low Carbon Heating Surveyor - Croydon
United Kingdom, Remote /
Octopus Energy Services 🧰 – Product Support & Sales /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We're looking for low carbon heating surveyors based in the Croydon area.
We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We’ve fallen head-over-heels with heat pumps - which provide an ultra-efficient, reliable alternative to gas boilers. Our low carbon heating surveyors will learn all about them at our £10m training and R&D centre to become the defining force in surveying customers homes to assess suitability for these magical systems. We are utilising Octopus Energy’s awesome tech power to make electric heating the smart, accessible and clean choice for every home in the UK.
At Octopus, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. As the face of the whole company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the outrageous experience Octopus Energy customers love and expect.
What you'll do
- Visit our customers in their homes and complete a survey to assess suitability for a heat pump installation
- Capture multiple data points, including measuring to complete a heat loss calculation and produce a quote
- Ensure all of the correct information is captured to inform the design and installation of a low carbon heating system
- Expertly explain the process you undertaking to customers and be an advocate for the technology
- Be an exceptional communicator, ensuring customers feel good about each and every visit and are motivated to upgrade their heating system
- Be resilient and adaptable to change in a fast paced environment
- Full clean drivers license
What you'll need
- Experience of communicating effectively with customers, ideally in a face to face environment
- Previous experience within MCS accredited organisation or assessing properties for energy efficiency or insulation measures is desirable (Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) qualified is highly desirable but not essential)
- Experience with talking to customers about work in their homes, ideally with a background in measuring and sizing equipment. It would be desirable to also have experience in technologies such as heat pumps, solar PV, battery storage & electrical equipment
- Have the required soft skills for speaking to customers, in their homes and remotely
- Some mechanical or electrical experience is preferred but not essential - although an ability learn quickly to support your role will be required
What we offer
- £25,000 basic salary
- Shares options
- £25 per week lunch allowance
- Company EV
- Use of company tools
- Uniform and all PPE
- Octopus Energy benefits package (see below)
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- What do you get? Click here
If this all sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.