Graduate Sales Specialist - Heat Pumps
Manchester, UK /
Octopus Energy Services 🧰 – Product Support & Sales /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We’ve fallen head-over-heels with heat pumps - which provide an ultra-efficient, reliable alternative to gas boilers.
You will learn all about them at our £10m training and R&D centre to then educate our customers on these magical systems. We are utilising Octopus Energy’s awesome tech power to make electric heating the smart, accessible and clean choice for every home in the UK.
We're looking for someone who is early on in their sales career that is passionate about the mission Octopus is on and wants to grow and progress their career pathway here.
What you'll do
- Develop and establish your sales pipeline with customers - from lead through to delivery and deliver sales in line with KPIs
- Continue planning and targeting of the acquisition of new customers
- Recording customer satisfaction and initiative best measures
- Attend our own consumer marketing events to spread the word of heat pumps and how we can help! (virtual and non virtual depending on restrictions)
- Provide excellent customer service through the sales process
- Work with the wider teams to iterate propositions and materials for the consumer market
- Become an expert in the process you’re undertaking to customers and be an advocate for the technology
What you'll need
- Be an exceptional communicator, ensuring customers feel good about each and every every conversation and are motivated to upgrade their heating system
- Proven track record of excellent customer experience
- Either previous sales experience within a consultative environment or a strong passion for energy and decarbonisation
- Excellent listening skills when dealing in b2c roles and great communication
- A start up / entrepreneurial mind-set being able to adjust to change and keep up with a fast moving business
- It would be beneficial (not essential) to also have experience in technologies such as Solar Panels (Solar PV - electricity generation or Solar thermal - hot water), battery storage, Heat Pumps & electrical equipment
Why else you'll love it here
- £23,400 Salary per year
- Commission structure (10k OTE in yr 1)
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.