Digital Energy Specialist - Remote
United Kingdom, Remote
Octopus Energy UK 🇬🇧 – DigiOps /
Want to work in a soul-destroying customer service call centre?
Don’t apply here.
You won’t believe it until you actually start working here. We try to explain it during the application process and through our Discovery Days but really, until you’re immersed in our culture, you’ll realise you’ve never worked anywhere like it.
At Octopus you’re not a number. You're a human and we treat you like one. And that’s how we want our customers to feel too. We want you to help our customers - like genuinely help. Like out of the box, what can I do here to make a difference to this customer, help? Crazy huh?
You’ll chat to customers over the phone and via email whilst being given the freedom to help them in a way you too would like to be helped. You’ll take ownership of their needs and find a way, no matter what, to figure things out with them.
We treat all of our customers like our grannies, (No offence intended - we really love our grannies) - with patience, kindness and warmth. We could tell you so many stories of the relationships customers have built with us as if we were family.
Would you believe they send us poems, artwork, handwritten letters, photos of their family, babies and pets? It’s bonkers and we love it.
We call it the Octopus effect.
It won't take long for those tentacles to wrap around your heart once you join us. Your colleagues will be some of the most amazing people you’ll be lucky enough to call friends.
They are the most enthusiastic, determined, curious crew who love being part of disrupting the energy industry but also sharing our mission to humanise the customer service experience.
We don’t lie - it’s not easy.
Learning in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment isn’t for the faint-hearted. Every day you will come across problems not seen before, and you’ll be tasked with bringing about awesome solutions. Expect the unexpected. Ask questions, drive change and share your ideas.
There’s a lot (and we mean a lot) to learn, and a lot of work to do. Just when you think you know everything there is to know - something changes. We’ll help you build your knowledge and be committed to your development. If you’ve got the attitude to thrive here and want to make a difference - we’ll go that extra mile for you.
What you'll do
- You will provide flexible customer support via our cloud based platforms which is vital in our rapidly growing business
- You will be home based with flexible hours whilst being part of a supportive and inspiring team
- To support the wider business when necessary, by answering customer queries via Telephone.
What you'll need
- A passion to join a rapidly growing energy company which is revolutionising the industry that it operates in
- To be comfortable chatting with customers online or via phone
- At least 1-2 years of customer service experience - we want to know you’re comfortable talking to people!
- To be tech savvy and have an interest in new technologies. Independent learner and enjoys learning new things.
- To be an excellent writer, and can support your work with helpful screenshots or videos. We use a mixture of great tools including Slack, Intercom, Kraken and email, and meetings via Google Hangout
A bit about the role:
Location - anywhere in the UK
Our need - immediate starters
Salary - £23,500
Hours - You will work 37.5 hours a week 8am to 10pm. 50% of those hours will be out of business hours, with at least 7.5 hours either Saturday or Sunday
Other benefits - OE Group Share Scheme, cycle to work scheme, EV salary sacrifice & lots more!