Customer Service - Energy Specialist
Octopus Energy UK 🇬🇧 – Customer Operations /
We will be moving to Coventry in early 2024.
You won’t believe it until you actually start working here. We try to explain it during the application process and through our Discovery Days but really, until you’re immersed in our culture, you’ll realise you’ve never worked anywhere like it.
At Octopus you’re not a number.
You're a human and we treat you like one. And that’s how we want our customers to feel too. We want you to help our customers - like genuinely help.
We don’t lie - it’s not easy.
We are in the middle of an energy crisis, so expect to handle challenging questions about the cost of energy whilst providing support and reassuring advice to our customers up and down the country who are facing unprecedented economic challenges. You’ll need to have a high level of resilience to be able to keep up with the demands of the role.
You’ll chat to customers over the phone and via email, whilst being given the freedom to help them in a way you too would like to be helped.
You’ll take ownership of their needs and find a way, no matter what, to figure things out with them. During this difficult time, our role here requires us to be actively looking for solutions and being able to deliver these in a friendly and timely manner.
We treat all of our customers like our grandparents (no offence intended - we really love them), with patience, kindness and warmth. We could tell you so many stories of the relationships customers have built with us as if we were family. Would you believe they send us poems, artwork, handwritten letters, photos of their family, babies and pets? It’s bonkers and we love it. We call it the Octopus effect.
Your colleagues will be some of the most amazing people you’ll be lucky enough to call friends and that you can count on to support you each day and every step of the way on your journey with us. They are the most enthusiastic, determined, curious crew who love being part of disrupting the energy industry but also sharing our mission to humanise the customer service experience. We encourage all our people to ask questions, drive change and share ideas.
There’s a lot (and we mean a lot) to learn in this role, and a lot of work to do. Learning in a fast-paced, dynamic environment isn’t for the faint-hearted. Every day you will come across problems you’ve not seen before, and you’ll be tasked with bringing about creative and practical solutions. We’ll help you build your knowledge and be committed to your development. If you’ve got the attitude to thrive here and want to make a difference - we’ll go that extra mile for you.
As a company, we are always learning - innovation means constant evolution and change. As a result, we are looking for team members that are happy to be as flexible and dynamic as we are!
What you'll do...
- Working in Operations, you’ll be at the heart of everything we do - helping our customers.
- Taking full responsibility for all issues that you come across, you’ll be delivering end to end customer service. Gone are the days of customers getting stuck in a never ending loop of being transferred between departments.
- You’ll be fully trained in every aspect of the customer experience and will be provided with training of the entire industry and when we say there is a lot to learn we mean it.
- You will be expected to be able to take full responsibility for customer queries and look to provide suitable solutions while keeping up with rapid fire change as we grow.
- Expect the unexpected.
The types of people we would love to hear from are those that are...
- Excited to help customers - Customers are at the centre of everything we do. From the CEO to our Data Scientists, everyone across the business deals with customers. In Operations, we’re at the forefront and the main point of call for all our customers and it will be your main responsibility to go to the ends of the earth to keep our customers impressed and excited about Octopus Energy being their energy supplier.
- Open minded - We’re a rapidly growing company, which means sometimes things go wrong, and we don’t shy away from this. We take everything as a learning curve and expect you to as well, being proactive in spotting weak areas and suggesting solutions and improvements to the customer’s experience.
- Approachable - Everything we do in operations, and across Octopus, is built around teamwork. People in our teams are always there to support and help each other and we expect everyone to be a team player.
- Inclusive - We are looking to continue building our wonderful, inclusive culture full of enthusiastic, unique and diverse people from all backgrounds as we grow and continue to change the industry.
- Dedicated to sustainability - As a renewable energy supplier, those who are a part of our team are also deeply committed to helping in any way they can in their own lives in the fight against climate change and making a positive impact for the future.
- Committed to improvement - Our energy specialists are the main point of call for our customers and their input hugely shapes the customer journey. We are looking for people who will actively looking for ways in which we can improve the customer experience and not be afraid to speak up.
- A strong work ethic - A role in operations is very fast paced and can be challenging at times. We’re looking for people who can deal with challenging situations and who are responsible for their own future by working extremely hard to achieve their goals.
- Getting to this point would not have been possible without the commitment and hard work of everyone in the team. Every Friday afternoon we have ‘Family Dinner’, where all our teams connect through a video link with snacks and drinks for updates from the week and to recognise achievements across the teams. We are growing very quickly and enjoy celebrating our hard-earned milestones, so don’t be surprised if we have a little celebration here and there (sometimes with bouncy castles full of cuddly Octopuses), like when we reached half a million customers.If you want to be a part of this team and journey then we want to hear from you.
A bit about the role:
Location - Warwick
Our need - immediate starters
Salary - £23,400
Hours - Full Time
Other benefits - OE Group Share Scheme, free breakfast, cycle to work scheme, EV salary sacrifice & lots more!