Business Development Executive
Weybridge, UK /
Octopus Electric Vehicles 🚙 – Sales (Growth) /
What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re expanding our Electric Vehicle Growth Team in Weybridge. We're looking for Salary Sacrifice Sales Executives, who will be responsible for managing sales directly with our SME customers (25-750 employees) focusing on our Salary Sacrifice product.
You will be the face and the voice of Octopus Electric Vehicles, advising and supporting customers throughout their journey towards setting up a Salary Sacrifice scheme.
A genuine passion for customer experience and sustainability is a must with a passion for relationship building and the importance of customer service.
This role will include an uncapped commission structure and a generous car allowance as part of the overall package and will be based in our brand new office Weybridge three days a week.
What you'll do
- Develop and establish your sales pipeline with customers - from lead through to delivery, meeting (and hopefully exceeding) targets set
- Planning, targeting of the acquisition of new customers
- Manage your pipeline and take control, recording progress in our CRM system and keeping things all up to date
- Recording customer satisfaction and best practice measures
- Plan, attend and run customer launch events to spread the word of electric vehicles and how we can help! (virtual and non virtual depending on restrictions)
- Provide excellent customer service both through the sales process and also in after-sales customer care
- Work with the wider teams to iterate propositions and materials for the B2B market
- Strategically build your pipeline working with the team to create strong relationships both internally within departments and externally with our customers both on a consumer and business level
What you'll need
- Proven track record of excellent customer experience
- Previous sales experience of sales within a B2B consultative environment and a strong passion for Electric Vehicles / Energy and decarbonisation
- Excellent listening skills when working in B2B roles and great communication
- A ruthless focus on the customer with a genuine passion for going above and beyond for customers
- An ability to show a completer finisher mentality and an understanding of processes as a whole being able to see the why behind each section of the business and how that creates the entire vision
- A start up / entrepreneurial mind-set being able to adjust to change and keep up with a fast moving business
- Knowledge of employee benefits and/or car leasing a big benefit
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.