(Senior) Investment Manager - Renewables
Singapore, SG /
Octopus Energy Generation ☀️ – Investment Management /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
As part of the wider Octopus Energy group, Octopus Generation sources, invests in and actively manages a range of renewable energy assets. We are looking to expand our team as we continue to scale our investment base of ~£6bn.
Since entering the renewables market in 2010, Octopus Energy Generation has grown to become the largest investor of solar power in Europe and a leading investor in onshore wind. We currently manage an increasingly global portfolio of renewable energy assets. The operational portfolio includes over 250 energy generating companies in the UK and Europe.
Having originated, invested and managed assets in the renewable energy sector for over a decade, our energy investment and asset management team of ~106 professionals is one of the largest and most experienced in Europe. The team is structured for scale and long-term ownership of energy assets.
We're closing our first transaction in Asia in February, and are looking to expand our investment base in the region rapidly.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior professional with experience working on deals in solar, wind (onshore & offshore), energy storage and other energy transition asset management to join a fast growing team in Singapore.
What you'll do
- Assist the Head of Investments (Asia) to develop the investment strategy and marketing material of our Asia-focused funds
- Represent Octopus Energy Generation in conferences and meetings with LPs and investors
- Actively source capital relationships for our funds and our portfolio companies in Asia and drive investor communication
- Work with a multi-locational team to coordinate all aspects of our fund raising process in Asia
- Assist the UK leadership and distribution teams in marketing our global funds in Asia
What you'll need
- PE / M&A / project finance / advisory experience in APAC with reputed institutions
- Strong experience in financial modelling within Renewable Energy/Energy Transition deals and a good regional network
- Strong investor network in North Asia &/or Middle East &/or HK, Singapore
- Demonstrated strong traction amongst fund of funds, family offices, pensions, climate funds, DFIs, gatekeepers and other asset allocators
- Understanding of the renewables and/or infrastructure asset classes
- Entrepreneurial and team spirit, financial - acumen and marketing skills
- Knowledge of development risk underwriting & ability to contribute technical & operational knowledge to identify innovative strategies would also be a plus
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.