Onboarding Administrator - Octopus Renewables
London, UK /
Octopus Energy Generation ☀️ – Octopus Renewables /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
As part of the wider Octopus Energy group, Octopus Renewables sources, invests in and actively manages a range of utility scale renewable energy assets. We are looking to expand our team as we continue to scale our investments base of c£3.5bn.
Since entering the renewables market in 2010, Octopus Renewables has grown to become the largest investor of solar power in Europe and a leading investor in onshore wind. We currently manage an increasingly global portfolio of renewable energy assets. The operational portfolio includes over 250 energy generating companies, delivering revenue in excess of £250m pa.
We are looking for an Onboarding Administrator to join our onboarding team. This is a newly created role that will enable the business to efficiently scale through ensuring the smooth and efficient onboarding of new renewables assets into the various teams within Octopus Renewables. You will be organised and process orientated in supporting the Onboarding Manager ensuring all teams are ready to manage new portfolio assets at investment close across Finance, Fund Management and Asset Management teams.
What you'll do
- Your core objective is to support an efficient onboarding processes for assets ensuring that all stakeholders have been consulted such that information is collected and stored so there is a smooth handover from the deal team to the other OR teams
- You will provide administration support for the onboarding of each investment deal from start to finish, completing the require activities and/or monitoring completion of those activities
- You will build an understanding of the operational requirements of each of the Asset Management, Finance and Fund Management teams.
- You will coordinate due diligence processes on new outsourcers / contractors, support the Onboarding manager to ensure that all necessary checks are completed by the appropriate teams and where appropriate coordinate collection of the information required and managing the completion of questionnaires, including ESG and sharing this back to the relevant investment manager and teams. You will support KYC
- You will arrange and coordinate handover processes from the investment team to all other teams through gathering information and organising meetings
- You will manage the collection of data to enable this to be inputted into technology platforms, entering data where required so that the right data is provided to the right teams at the right time
- Working with the Investment Administrator, you will organise completion documentation and conduct to process so that it is saved / stored / archived in the right format in the right place and shared with the right teams
What you'll need
- Highly organised with a high work rate, able to thrive in a busy environment juggling multiple competing priorities
- Capable of organising and coordinating multiple requests and high volumes of documentation
- Have a high level of attention to detail and confidence to challenge potential errors / missing information
- Experience of collecting data from 3 rd parties managing processes to conducting due diligence / KYC
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to the fast-changing business environment. Apply learned lessons into future processes.
- Self-motivated with ability to work autonomously and as a team player
- Proactive, approachable and friendly manner. Active listener and communicator.
- Flexible in approach and able to support others as necessary.
- High level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- A genuine interest in renewables, environment, net zero and/or sustainability would be ideal
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- What do you get? Click here
If this all sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.