Support Services Specialist - Customer Leads
Octopus Energy ECO 🌍 – Support Services /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Here at Octopus Energy Eco, we’re responsible for delivering the government mandated eco obligation scheme on behalf of Octopus Energy. We are super passionate about helping customers on low income and benefits improve the insulation in their homes, to help reduce their bills and carbon emissions. We work with an internal and external supply chain insulating customer homes across the UK within the compliance rules of the eco scheme.
We are growing our team and this is an exciting time to join us!
If you’re customer focused and have a love of helping people this could be the role for you! You’ll be making a difference by dealing with customers interested in having their homes insulated via the eco schemes.
You’ll join the Support Services Team looking after customer leads, learning about the different schemes we work on to help you decide which scheme will be best for the customer. You’ll need to have a keen eye for detail and be able to organise data effectively.
This is a hybrid role as you will be required to be based at our NG14 Nottingham office at least once a week and working from home for the remainder of the week.
What you'll do
- Understand eco and the schemes we are delivering, as well as how you contribute towards it
- Work with data sets to analyse next steps
- Assess customer leads to determine which scheme would be the most beneficial
- Manage customer queries by ensuring they’re provided with the right information, help and advice
- Keep customers updated to explain what’s happening with their application and what the next steps are
- Allocate customer leads to the external / external supply chain and track the outcome
- Develop great working relationships with the supply chain to get the best results for the customers
- Track results and contribute towards reporting progress
What you'll need
- A real eye for detail
- A flexible approach and happy to work in a changing environment
- Desire to take on responsibility and see tasks through to the completion
- Excellent level of customer services skills
- Good excel skills
- Good numerical accuracy
- Good analytical skills
- Show initiative and have the drive to see activities through
- Enjoy problem solving and taking on new challenges
- Well organised with the ability to work across a number of varied activities covered within the Support Services team
- Be a team player but also capable of working on your own
- Able to work remotely, manage own workload and time to meet targets.
- An understanding of the eco obligation is a nice to have but not essential.
Why else you'll love it here
- Salary: £26,500 (rising to £28,500 after probation)
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub. What do you get? Click here
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.