Technical Support Lead - Heat Pumps
Brighton, UK /
Octopus Energy Services 🧰 – Product Support & Sales /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re expanding our Heat Pump & Solar sales and support team and we're looking for an experienced Technical Support Lead, who will be responsible for helping ensure we can meet the installation specifications for customers progressing through our survey and sales teams. You will be office based, in our relaxed and welcoming site in Brighton and work directly with our internal low carbon product survey and sales teams to make sure we can deliver on our aim of installing thousands of heat pumps and solar systems into domestic properties across the country.
You will be the go to person for our teams to get support with technical questions during the sales cycle and be responsible for leading the rigorous check process that identifies how we can progress surveys to quotes through delivery of a robust technical check process. You do not need any sales experience but you will be great at communicating with non-technical sales people to translate clearly the messages they may need to cascade to customers. You will also support, where needed, with talking to our customers when they need that additional technical reassurance. Your role is being a technical expert, being an excellent communicator and having the ability to develop people to advance their own knowledge and competence.
We’re looking for people with a genuine skill for helping others and a passion for bringing to life the benefits of low carbon heating and solar. Rigour and confidence to make accurate decisions, knowing that the satisfaction and experience of our customers is at stake, is an absolute must.
What you'll do
- Lead on ensuring all surveys that pass through to a sales quotes are technically viable for installation based on the criteria at that time
- Continually review and revise our technical check and support process to ensure its always fit for purpose and we maximise efficiency as the business scales
- Support the sales team to diligently develop how they respond to customer questions where technical informations and answers are needed
- Ensure technical rigour is applied at any stage where we see risk in our ability to install
- Ensure we provide outstanding customer service, make it easy for customers to navigate our interest to install pipeline and sharing best practice opportunities throughout
- Support the team in spreading the word about how awesome our products are
- Collaborate with other team members to share best practices and develop consistent approach to drive performance across all teams
- Be an advocate for low carbon products and the need for decarbonisation in the UK domestic housing stock
What you'll need
- To be a fully trained technical expert in the world of heat pumps and solar with a proven track record of installing of technically supporting installations
- A ruthless focus on performance development and continuous improvement
- A genuine passion for going above and beyond for customers
- An ability to show a completer finisher mentality and an understanding of processes as a whole being able to see the why behind each section of the business and how that creates the entire vision
- A start up / entrepreneurial mind-set being able to adjust to change and keep up with a fast moving business
- Experience of coaching and/or developing others in a customer centric environment
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.