Head of Training and Development - Low Carbon
Octopus Energy Services 🧰 – Surveying /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers. We’ve fallen head-over-heels with smart meters, heat pumps, solar PV and all renewable tech - which instantly reduce customers' carbon footprint and give them control over their energy use.
We're looking for someone to build, lead and head up our industry leading in-house training capability.
What you'll do
- Build and lead our in-house training capability
- Design and implement the solution to meet the training needs of the whole energy services business on a national level at significant scale
- Support with the design and delivery of the physical infrastructure
- Plan to always be ahead of the demand curve - actively building the solutions we'll need as we scale
- Recruiter, mentor, coach and develop the team of in-house trainers
What you'll need
- You'll be multi-disciplined - covering all the training requirements across all product streams, which currently include metering, solar & storage, car charges, low carbon heating, surveying, insulation
- You will oversee the training programs aimed at building low carbon skills for our amazing field teams of people
- Experience collaborating with internal teams, senior stakeholders to gather information and insights needed to create effective programmes - this is important as we scale our teams
- Experience using technology to solve problems. We want you to be enhance our training delivery programmes
- Experience in a high growth organisation
- Proven experience recruiting and developing talent in training roles
- To be flexible and happy travelling to different sites; including our industry leading training hub in Slough plus Brighton, Hinckley and Manchester
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
This is a hybrid role with 60% of your time being office based in Slough or Brighton.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.