Investment Associate - German Speaking
London, UK /
Octopus Energy Generation ☀️ – Investment Management /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
As part of the wider Octopus Energy group, Octopus Energy Generation sources, invests in and actively manages a range of utility scale renewable energy assets. We are looking to expand our team as we continue to scale our investments base of c£5bn.
Since entering the renewables market in 2010, Octopus Energy Generation has grown to become the largest investor of solar power in Europe and a leading investor in onshore wind. We currently manage an increasingly global portfolio of renewable energy assets. The operational portfolio includes over 250 energy generating companies, delivering revenue in excess of £250m pa.
Having originated, invested and managed assets in the renewable energy sector for over a decade, our energy investment and asset management team of c.100 professionals is one of the largest and most experienced in Europe. The team is structured for scale and long-term ownership of energy assets.
What you'll do
- Join an expanding team as we accelerate our pace of new investments
- Work closely with other collegiate team members
- Assist and help build origination streams
- Assist in evaluation and execution of new investment opportunities across solar, wind and other renewable technologies - project evaluation, project management, relationship management, internal management, negotiation, due diligence
- Contribute to and/or own specific investment strategies
What you'll need
- Be a team player with the confidence to exercise judgement appropriately, engaging with colleagues at all levels of seniority
- Some transaction experience preferably in Renewables / Infrastructure / Energy sector from working at a fund manager, investment bank, project finance lender, industrial or in transactions advisory
- Analytical and Excel financial modelling skills
- Prior equity lead experience is a plus, however we are open-minded to find the right candidate with the aptitude and intention and transferable skills
- Fluency in German
- Understanding of financial valuation theories coupled with core accounting and tax skills and an ability to read financial statements confidently
- Commercial mindset; able to own investment decision making and understand the impact on potential investments
- An ability to understand risks, reach a balanced appraisal of probability and impact, and build workable risk mitigation strategies
- A self-starter attitude with tenacity, initiative and a willingness to commit to deliver the required results
- An ability to focus on the ultimate customer (the investors who trust us with their money) in all aspects of the role
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.