London, UK /
Octopus Energy Generation ☀️ – Renewables /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
As part of the wider Octopus Energy group, Octopus Renewables sources, invests in and actively manages a range of utility scale renewable energy assets. We are looking to expand our team as we continue to scale our investments base of c£3.5bn.
Since entering the renewables market in 2010, Octopus Renewables has grown to become the largest investor of solar power in Europe and a leading investor in onshore wind. We currently manage an increasingly global portfolio of renewable energy assets. The operational portfolio includes over 250 large scale energy generating companies, delivering revenue in excess of £450m pa.
Having originated, invested and managed assets in the renewable energy sector for over a decade, our energy investment and asset management team of c.90 professionals is one of the largest and most experienced in Europe. The team is structured for scale and long-term ownership of energy assets.
What you'll do
- Work within a new procurement function across wind and solar technologies as we accelerate the pace of new investments into these sectors
- You will be responsible for delivering contracting strategies and contract negotiation support within an increasingly competitive market
- You will be responsible for running tender processes for key contracts, including procurement of full contract suite for new builds projects
- Help implement concurrent development of new and existing standards and processes required to appropriately meet the business needs and growth aspirations
- Support initial decision-making activities in early stage/development projects, particularly with a view to technology/equipment selection
- Provide inputs to investment decision making processes (‘Approval in Principle’ papers, Investment Committee papers) reflecting contractual risks accurately
What you'll need
- Entrepreneurial thinking - have the ability to challenge the status quo and thrive in an innovative environment
- Buy side experience in the Renewables industry, preferably wind and solar, with experience of multiple suppliers/vendors
- Experience in all contract types required to bring a project to the operational stage
- Ability to lead a procurement process, including management of technical, investment and asset management stakeholders
- Strong commercial mindset, able to demonstrate excellent contract negotiation skills pursuant to performance, guarantees, allocation of risk and pricing
- Be a strong team player with the confidence to exercise judgement appropriately, engaging with colleagues at all levels of seniority
- Ability to communicate with and influence a broad range of individuals, ranging from team members, project developers, project finance teams, lawyers, technical advisors, policymakers, the Octopus Investment Committee members and potential investors
- Technology experience is helpful, but expectation is to rely on existing technical advisors
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this all sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.