London, UK /
Octopus Energy Generation ☀️ – Fund Management /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We are seeking a Portfolio Analyst to join the Octopus Energy Generation (“OEGen”) Funds Team, reporting to the Portfolio Manager. This will be working on Octopus Renewables Infrastructure SCSp, a LUX based opened ended unitised partnership which has nearly £1bn of funds under management and is expected to rapidly grow through new investor subscriptions offering an excellent opportunity for growth and development within the role.
Your role is to understand and deliver against all investor requirements which predominantly will focus on performing valuations of a growing portfolio of investments and understanding and reporting on the performance of investments. In this role, you will deliver accurate and quality outputs whilst supporting the drive to continuously improve our fund management processes. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work at Octopus Energy Generation where we have the ambition to onboard and manage £bns of assets over the next 5 years.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Equity investment modelling: You will proactively monitor your assigned renewable energy assets through creating, maintaining and improving operational asset models. You will deliver accurate and timely quarterly valuations, updating models and undertaking detailed assumptions reviews and checking outputs from peers. You will maintain a close relationship with Asset Managers to understand underlying Asset Performance. You will monitor investor returns, track record and other fund KPIs, ensuring accurate data and informative forecasts. You will ensure any new acquisitions you are assigned are onboarded into the fund management team effectively. You will do this on Power Bi/Excel Models/e-Front.
- Debt modelling You will understand the debt structures in place within your asset portfolios and ensure that all lender requirements are understood and complied with.
- Derivatives management: With support, you will be required to follow processes and conduct analysis relevant to your portfolios including FX, Interest Rate Swaps, Cash Products.
- Risk Management: You will support the Portfolio Manager ensure that the fund is governed correctly, providing input into papers for relevant Boards, ensuring accurate information. You will start to understand the risks associated with the portfolio and proactively monitor, escalate and mitigate.
- Fund Raising and Reporting: You will understand fund processes such as subscriptions, capital calls and distributions and be able to provide the necessary data to support these processes. You will input into the creation of investor reports and outputs that we can be proud of, ensuring that the information provided is accurate and relevant. You will support follow on fundraising efforts and due diligence processes through the provision of data.
- Continuous Improvement: You will look for improvements in the way we do things, driving forward consolidation, simplification and automation where possible to drive better outcomes for our investors, working on Fund Management Projects as appropriate.
Qualifications - Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and job-related experience:
- Prior work experience in a similar role.
- Experience of modelling, specifically, discounted cash-flow modelling and debt modelling skills.
- An understanding of fund management processes for debt and equity for listed funds
- Experience of creating high-quality written outputs
- Financial acumen, already started on CFA qualification considered advantageous
- Previous experience working in the renewables sector
- Thrive in a fast-moving business, able to see solutions where others see problems, passionate about improving processes, models and customer outcomes.
- A team player, flexible in approach and able to support others as necessary.
- Excited by a challenge!
And to really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following qualities and characteristics:
- Detail-orientated, taking accountability for the accuracy of every output. Able to self-review.
- Able to plan ahead but also work under pressure, always delivering to deadlines.
- Able to interpret information and distil concisely
- Able to demonstrate good verbal and written skills
- Able to collaborate. A team player, flexible in approach and able to support others as necessary.
- Thrive in a fast-moving business, able to see solutions where others see problems, passionate about improving processes, models and customer outcomes. Excited, not overwhelmed by a challenge.
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.