Investment Director - Development Financing
London, UK /
Octopus Energy Generation ☀️ – Octopus Renewables /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
As part of the wider Octopus Energy group, Octopus Renewables sources, invests in and actively manages a range of utility scale renewable energy assets. We are looking to expand our team as we continue to scale our investments base of c£3.5bn.
Since entering the renewables market in 2010, Octopus Renewables has grown to become the largest investor of solar power in Europe and a leading investor in onshore wind. We currently manage an increasingly global portfolio of renewable energy assets. The operational portfolio includes over 250 energy generating companies, delivering revenue in excess of £250m pa.
Having originated, invested and managed assets in the renewable energy sector for over a decade, our energy investment and asset management team of c.70 professionals is one of the largest and most experienced in Europe. The team is structured for scale and long-term ownership of energy assets.
The Investment Director will be a key member of the Octopus Renewables Development Team. The team is focussed on raising capital and investing in teams and development platforms for early and mid stage renewable energy projects. The successful candidate will work on all markets (OECD countries) and technologies (solar PV, roof-top solar, onshore and offshore wind, storage, etc) where OR is active or interested to enter. We strongly encourage applications from a variety of candidates - we believe that different experiences result in increased ideas, collaboration and success. The first stage of the process will include a run through of our company culture, as well as a conversation around what is important for you in your next role.
What you'll do
- Be a leader in the Development Team. You will be expected to grow the team, funds and assets under management, supporting Octopus Renewables in its ambitions to be the world’s leading renewable energy investor
- Lead origination efforts of development partnerships in various countries and technologies.
- Lead transaction execution including modelling, due diligence, structuring, JV/Partnership terms negotiations, presentation to ICs, etc.
- Lead fundraising efforts, including structuring.
- Management of developers: supervise and manage the output of our investments and support the development of teams that OR has already invested in.
- Be responsible for the performance of our investments.
- Coach members of the team and potentially take on people management responsibilities.
What you'll need
- Be a pro-active and self-starting team leader who has a strong sense of ownership, “can do” attitude, strong team spirit and ability to grow team members.
- Track record in originating, valuing, structuring and negotiating partnerships, co-development agreements, joint ventures and framework agreements in renewable energy.
- Understanding of financial valuation theories coupled with core accounting and tax structuring skills.
- Knowledge of equipment procurement, last mile development is a plus.
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- What do you get? Click here
If this all sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.