Business Development Specialist - Flexibility
London, UK /
Octopus Energy UK 🇬🇧 – Flexibility /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
The future of energy is flexible. The Flexibility Team is accelerating our work optimising large-scale assets and we’re looking for a Business Development Specialist to help grow this exciting area of the business. At Octopus, the Flexibility Team’s goal is to maximise flexible GW under management and use these to create value for owners and support grids.
Our team today has built a powerful optimisation platform, using intelligence to predict prices and run assets to minimise costs and maximise revenues. We’re looking to leverage this capability to increase our flexible GW under management and apply this to a new range of technologies - including energy storage, EV charging hubs, greenhouses and more. You’ll work with a range of energy asset owners to identify opportunities for flexibility, get agreements over the line and work with the team to deliver these services.
What you'll do
- Work with potential customers to develop new optimisation offerings and quantify the value
- Pitch to a range of target clients including fund managers, asset owners, developers, and large corporations
- Lead responses to tenders and competitive processes - e.g. energy storage RFQs, PPA offtake tenders, and others
- Negotiate commercial agreements and coordinate contracting processes
- Work with the flexibility team to deliver the offering
What you'll need
- Understanding of client needs and ability to shape a compelling narrative
- Collaborative attitude and personal drive to deliver results
- Ability to perform commercial analysis
- To be comfortable conducting commercial negotiations and contracts with external parties
- An entrepreneurial nature and skill influencing across organisations
- A genuine passion in building the future of energy
- We want to find the right person for this role, someone who is truly values-led. Experience in a similar role or industry is ideal
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.