Octopus Energy Services 🧰 – Surveying /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We're on the lookout for an experienced Surveyor Trainer to build and deliver all aspects of training to all of our Low Carbon Surveyors, whose job is to visit our customers homes across the UK and complete a survey to assess suitability for a heat pump; solar PV; loft and cavity wall insulation; or complete an Energy Performance Certificate.
If you have the drive to deliver training and educate our growing workforce of surveyors through implementation of new training materials…. then we would love to hear from you!
This role will be remote with travel to Slough every other week for around 4 days at a time.
What you'll do
- Deliver our bespoke surveyor training courses focused on installations of our Heat Pumps, Solar PV and loft & cavity wall insulation within domestic properties
- Possess and display exceptional training delivery and facilitation skills
- Support our Surveyors to become fully knowledgeable and competent to deliver great customer service by providing leading quality coaching & assessment
- Design a combination of practical and theory based training utilising all the latest technologies on offer
- Build, iterate and deliver our induction programmes for new starts from day one to handover to frontline
- Identify learning and development needs through careful analysis of team and people performance to shape continuous improvement
- Liaise with key stakeholders to improve and monitor teams performance via data sources provided
- Provide a range of training to support all our teams - This could be induction of new starters, up-skilling or refresher training of existing teams
- Support a performance culture to help others unleash their full potential through regular training interventions, bespoke sessions and coaching
- Identifying learning styles and utilising that information to shape individual progression
- Keep up to date with training methods, Guides, tools and techniques used by our installation teams to ensure all training materials are relevant
What you'll need
- Experience in delivering training and development courses within the low carbon sector would be an advantage
- Previous experience within MCS accredited organisation or assessing properties for energy efficiency or insulation measures (Domestic Energy Assessor/RetroFit Assessor qualified) is desirable but not essential
- Ability to design and deliver training courses to meet the needs of learners from inductions to technical/operational updates
- To be extremely organised with the ability to use data effectively, pull everything together into one place, and present clearly
- Octopus is a tech-forward company so ideally you’ll have awesome IT and tech skills, and the ability to demonstrate top quality communication skills in multiple formats
- Ability to work remotely and travel across the UK to various sites, (with our Training and R&D centre in Slough, a regular location)
- A passion for wanting to help others be their best
- A start up / entrepreneurial mind-set being able to adjust to change and keep up with a fast moving business
- Able to develop a base technical product knowledge to support how we will help our customers navigate to achieve low carbon energy use in their homes, through our products
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
This is a remote role but you will be required to travel to various sites across the UK - if you are midlands based, that would be ideal!
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.