Octopus Energy Heating ♨️ – Manufacturing /
We’re on a mission to invest in people, ideas and industries that will change the world. Octopus Energy is the global tech pioneer using our in house technology platform, Kraken Tech, to unlock a Customer focused and affordable green energy revolution.
We’re changing the energy system globally, spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies.
We have phenomenal growth plans, and we need enablers to help deliver our aspirations at speed and scale. It’s a unique culture where people learn, decide and build quicker, where people work with autonomy alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground.
At Octopus Energy Heating we’re developing a home heating revolution through innovative heat pumps which will significantly reduce reliance on fossil fuels and bring a cleaner more sustainable world. We are setting up the first (of multiple) manufacturing premises in Portadown and if you want to help us bring this technology to the market at scale and speed, then read on…
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Electrician to join our growing team at Octopus Energy’s heat pump factory in Portadown, Northern Ireland.
In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the smooth operation and maintenance of our heat pump manufacturing facility. As an integral member of the team, you will be responsible for maintaining factory systems, troubleshooting issues and implementing preventive maintenance procedures.
What you'll do
- Perform routine inspections, troubleshooting and repairs on factory equipment and machines in addition to general maintenance of building systems and services
- Plan, organise and conduct preventive maintenance to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of heat pump manufacturing equipment
- Respond promptly to issues, diagnose faults, and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and company standards
- Maintain accurate documentation of maintenance activities, including schedules, work orders, reports and equipment records
What you'll need
- Qualified electrician with a minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical maintenance, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Familiarity with electrical, electronic, pneumatic and electromechanical systems, machinery, equipment and PLC controls
- Ability to perform straightforward mechanical maintenance in addition to electrical works
- Proven expertise in troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing machinery and equipment
- Experience organising and controlling contractors
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics, diagrams and technical manuals
- Strong knowledge of electrical safety practices and regulations
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Effective communication skills to convey technical information clearly and concisely
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle changing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be on-site every day at our Portadown heat pump factory
What we offer
- Equity Option Scheme everyone owns a part of what we're building, when you become an Octopus Energy Group employee, you will be included in our Equity Options Scheme.
- Pension Scheme we'll pay 5%. You can decide what you contribute, starting from 3%
- 30 days holiday (incl bank holidays) we're all grown ups here and we want you to ensure holidays are taken when it suits both yourself and the business. We work hard and so we know you need to play hard as well
- Flexible working we're passionate about a genuine work-life balance here. Need to catch that school nativity or work from home? That's cool and if we can do it we will
- Social events your hard work deserves some down time. We sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, Valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year!
- Clothing we dont believe in dressing up or formal clothes to do your best work. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in (subject to reason!) and we will provide safety and other clothing for manufacturing
- For Parents We can arrange access to tax free childcare, as well as maternity and paternity pay. During the lockdown we even created OctoKidsTV!
- Go Your Own Way EV salary sacrifice and cycle to work scheme available
- Tech We want to get the best out of our people and get that everyone is slightly different. Have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it
- Money Coach You may want to think about financial planning. The company has an arrangement with Octopus Money Coach . They offer the opportunity to talk with a professional coach
- Wellbeing Need some calm in your life? We have 'Octopus Headspace Licences' available. We also do Yoga twice a week and offer free eye test vouchers
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
We're very excited at this opportunity. We're looking for the passion, skills and experience to help shape and define the future of energy and business at a global scale. If you're reading this and grinning and want to bring this technology to the market at scale and speed, then we would love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.