Customer Operations Specialist
Octopus Electric Vehicles 🚙 – Operations - variable /
What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
This role, in a nutshell
We are looking for a Customer Operations Specialist who can help us deliver our mission to make it seamless for individuals and businesses to make the transition to zero-carbon driving.
This customer-facing role will focus on carrying out, and suggesting improvements to our existing processes, ensuring that our customers have delightful, memorable experiences. Things move fast, here at OEV, so your input will also help shape the future of how we interact with our customers at all the stages of their journey.
We are growing rapidly and there is a relentless focus on scalability whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction. This is an early junior hire into the Ops team, so there is lots to do but also a chance to influence how we provide our service and plenty of development opportunities. Over time you will also support us in building the customer experience team as we hire more Operations Specialists in the future.
This role will include a generous car allowance as part of the overall package.
What you'll do...
- Work with colleagues in the customer experience team and across other parts of the business to ensure that our customers receive the best experience during every interaction
- Specifically, manage customer journeys from contracting right through to car delivery and after, escalating issues where needed
- Feedback on our current service processes and systems and propose changes where necessary, based on prior experience
- Problem solve! Ensuring everything is ready for the customer to enjoy a smooth transition and removing any blockers if they arise
- Help us to plan for growth in terms of customers and the team and get stuck in where necessary to affect this
What you'll need...
- Don't worry, previous knowledge of EVs/the automotive industry is not required!
- A passion for problem solving and going above and beyond to ensure you deliver a great customer experience
- Experience working independently and as part of a close-knit team
- A curious and keen-eye for detail to spot areas of improvement - we love hearing examples!
- To be a natural finisher and an effective operator - you leave no loose ends in your path
- To want to be part of a rapidly growing company and be comfortable adopting changes quickly
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
The electric revolution has arrived - and from 2035 you’ll no longer be able to buy a new petrol or diesel car in the UK.
We’re building a whole new way for drivers to join the electric charge and not only learn about and shop for their EV online, but experience a 'lease for life' through an industry changing customer experience. This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups – making it easy for individuals and businesses to go electric by getting their car, charger and energy all in one cracking deal.
Octopus Electric Vehicles launched in 2018 to make it seamless to switch to cleaner, greener driving. Our mission is to drive sustainable change, decarbonise the planet and provide our customers with fair pricing and a fantastic experience.
We're an Octopus Energy company—an innovative new energy supplier. We are part of the Octopus Energy Group, which seeks to improve the lives of millions of people by transforming the industries we operate in. The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.