Product Marketing Manager
Kraken Technologies UK 🦑 – Marketing /
Kraken is the technology tentacle of the Octopus Energy Group.
At Kraken we obsess about our customers and creating a world-leading product for them that will change the industry and their lives. We have lots of amazing people building our product, selling it, and transforming the way our customers work when we migrate it into their business. We need someone to work alongside these teams who is laser-focused on what our future customer wants, who knows how to position what we offer as being as radically different, as it truly is, and who can connect the dots across those teams so we’re all on the same page about who we sell Kraken to, how and why.
We're looking to build out our Product Marketing team in its original, true-est sense. Understanding who the customer is, being really fascinated by them, and delivering a product that they will love, in the right place and for the right price.
Our product marketing is obsessed with delivering something that will really change the industry because our customers love it. To do that you'll need to understand the market and the product. This will be a collaborative role as you'll be working alongside product/tech teams where you will have a clear view on who the ideal customer is and how we sell to them. You'll also work closely with our marketing team launching products with a strong voice in defining what we want to be known for.
What you'll do
- Start by gathering market research and competitor research to become an expert on Kraken’s position in the energy industry.
- Develop an informed point of view on our market, the competition, and how to position Kraken as a really distinctive leader.
- Work with our Sales and Marketing teams to segment the market and create buyer personas, so we are super hot at targeting and understand the triggers and signals of our buyers.
- Make sure that the Product, Sales and Marketing teams are all on the same page when it comes to understanding Kraken’s purpose and positioning as a leader in its fiel.
- Develop materials for our Sales team to help them talk about our brilliant product and the way it works. Therefore you will breakdown technical language around how our BOT migration process works, how cost efficiencies are achieved, and much more!
- Assist Sales with technical questions on an ad-hoc basis.
- Work closely with the core Marketing team on targeting specifics for digital marketing programmes and in developing content.
- Be a leading voice in how/whether we design a Product Council that facilitates customer discussion and input to the future product design for Kraken.
- Work with Kraken’s Product Managers over time to launch new modules and features, both internally and externally, so that new capabilities are clearly explained, to ensure all teams, especially Sales, have an understanding on why it is built and the reason our customers should use it and love it.
- Work closely with our Product Management team to make sure the voice of the customer is front and centre of any future product development work.
What you'll need
- Good understanding of how to market high-value technical products, with a long sales cycle to multiple stakeholders.
- The ability and desire to understand technical details around operating platforms and customer experience.
- Experience with enterprise software companies, high-value tech, or financial services eg. Amazon AWS, Salesforce, Oracle or other SaaS companies.
- To put the customer first, including their needs and pain points which will always be used as a starting point for problem solving.
- To be a smart, strategic thinker, analysing Kraken’s big picture positioning and spot future opportunities as well as regularly roll up their sleeves to get things done.
- To understand technical details and be able to translate them into straightforward language.
- To be curious about the energy industry but also other sectors and always looking for ways to improve how we take products to market, innovate and respond to customers.
- Experience working across Product, Sales and Marketing teams, joining the dots and spotting ways to improve.
- Good understanding of how to launch new products or features, internally and externally and able to mobilise people to work with them.
Why else you'll love about us
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
We're very excited to be growing our team. We're looking for skills and experience to help shape and define the future of not only our team, but the wider business at a global scale. If you're reading this and grinning, please apply! There are huge challenges to tackle, and we need amazing people who are keen to get stuck in.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.