Customer Operations Specialist
Brighton, UK /
OctoPool ✨ – Electric Vehicles: Customer Operations /
The future awaits: join our Talent Pool!
We're on a mission to drive the revolution of transport and we need more people to help us make our vision a reality.
At Octopus Electric Vehicles, we’re here to empower people to transition to sustainable transport, providing a cleaner, fairer world for future generations.
We’re in scale up mode, and hire according to our workload in the operations team, where we’re focused on making EV leasing effortless.
So, what is the OctoPool? ⌛
We’re introducing the ‘OctoPool’. Simply, we’ll be open to applications at any time for roles that we know we will be hiring into as we scale.
This is a two-way process. We want to give you the time to learn about us and be confident in your decision when you decide to come join us (you’re going to love it!).
We’ll regularly meet with candidates and progress those we think would thrive here, into a more formal process.
If at the end of the process, we both decide that it’s a great match, we’ll add you to the OctoPool until we’re ready to bring you on, at which point we’ll make a formal offer.
What happens once I’m on the OctoPool? 🤝
While you’re in the OctoPool we’ll regularly keep you updated on where we are and we’re always happy to have further discussions and answer any of your questions, or just grab a coffee.
Please do keep us updated also if you’re thinking about an offer from another company (we’d be sad to see you go!) but we value transparency and we’re here to help you make the best decision!
We’ll refine this process as we go, because that’s who we are :) so we encourage feedback at all stages.
Why have we created the OctoPool?❓
It’s hard to predict exactly when we will need to hire as we scale , but we want to be in touch with the best possible candidates ahead of time so that we’re ready to hit the ground running when we need to.
Making sure we are the right fit for one another takes time, so we've found that investing slightly more time in the recruitment process and waiting for the right time to join is a better experience for you!
OK… what makes a superstar candidate at Octopus EV? 🌟
Education and experience are important factors in being a good candidate, but for us there’s so much more to being a superstar candidate.
Being a proactive problem solver and showing real passion for our cause, and demonstrating the ability to learn quickly as well as teach others are some characteristics that would make you a great cultural fit here.
We’ve worked hard to assemble a group of people who love working together in a collaborative environment, with a real sense of belonging - and we’re protective of our culture.
What types of roles are in the OctoPool? 🐙
Recalling that, it is not always a specific role, but this is our EV talent pool exclusively for people interested in opportunities. We will review the applications on a constant basis and we will contact you if your profile matches the roles we are currently looking for.
This role, in a nutshell
We are looking for a Customer Operations Specialist who can help us deliver our mission to make it seamless for individuals and businesses to make the transition to zero-carbon driving.
This customer-facing role will focus on carrying out, and suggesting improvements to our existing processes, ensuring that our customers have delightful, memorable experiences. Things move fast, here at OEV, so your input will also help shape the future of how we interact with our customers at all the stages of their journey.
We are growing rapidly and there is a relentless focus on scalability whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction. This is an early junior hire into the Ops team, so there is lots to do but also a chance to influence how we provide our service and plenty of development opportunities. Over time you will also support us in building the customer experience team as we hire more Operations Specialists in the future.
What you'll do
- Work with colleagues in the customer experience team and across other parts of the business to ensure that our customers receive the best experience during every interaction
- Specifically, manage customer journeys from contracting right through to car delivery and after, escalating issues where needed
- Feedback on our current service processes and systems and propose changes where necessary, based on prior experience
- Problem solve! Ensuring everything is ready for the customer to enjoy a smooth transition and removing any blockers if they arise
- Help us to plan for growth in terms of customers and the team and get stuck in where necessary to affect this
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
We’re looking forward to meeting you and welcoming you to the Octopus family.