Customer Support Team Lead
Brighton, UK /
Octopus Energy Services 🧰 – Operations /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We’ve fallen head-over-heels with smart meters, heat pumps, solar PV and all renewable tech - which instantly help reduce a customer’s carbon footprint and give them control over their energy use. We are looking for experienced experts who share our vision: Moving away from fossil fuels, towards sustainable, smart technologies for our customers.
At Octopus, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. As the face of the whole company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the outrageous experience Octopus Energy customers love and expect.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Team Manager to join us in Brighton. You will be responsible for helping to shape, grow and manage a team of field support specialists as well as overseeing the day-to-day operations function.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of field support specialists in an office who work alongside a large team of field engineers
- Look after the day to day running of the operations function (delivering exceptional customer service, booking appointments, scheduling work with engineers etc)
- Look for opportunities to continually improve performance
- Create effective reporting to allow decision making
- Support employee communication with the management team
- Support growth and development of individual specialists
- You will develop a deep understanding of Octopus culture and customer experience; setting the tone for your team
What you'll need
- To be a team player and relationship builder. The ability to build great working relationships with people across cultures and perspectives
- To be able to effectively lead and motivate a team - this is key
- To be agile. You are positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- Experience in management and leadership
- A high level of adaptability and agility to manage multiple projects at one time (we are growing quickly!)
- You will be able to think creatively and logically to react to changes in strategy
- To be someone who establishes and works with a network quickly to deliver promptly, with a focus on quality and delivery
- You will be analytical, seeking out data and using this to inform your decisions
- Energy industry experience is desirable but by no means essential! You’ll quickly pick up what you need to know
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
This is a great opportunity to be part of, and help drive forward, the business as it grows and diversifies within a role that is central to ensuring our customers receive the outrageous level of service they rightly expect.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.