Octopus Energy Generation ☀️ – International /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
As part of the wider Octopus Energy group, Octopus Energy Generation sources, invests in and actively manages a range of utility scale renewable energy assets. We are looking to expand our team as we continue to scale our investments base of c£5bn.
Since entering the renewables market in 2010, Octopus Energy Generation has grown to become the largest investor of solar power in Europe and a leading investor in onshore wind. We currently manage an increasingly global portfolio of renewable energy assets. The operational portfolio includes over 250 energy generating companies, delivering revenue in excess of £250m pa.
Having originated, invested and managed assets in the renewable energy sector for over a decade, our energy investment and asset management team of c.100 professionals is one of the largest and most experienced in Europe. The team is structured for scale and long-term ownership of energy assets.
We are looking for an Analyst/Associate to support the Country Lead in Germany, as well as work closely with the core Investment deal team in London.
We strongly encourage applications from a variety of candidates - we believe that different experiences result in increased ideas, collaboration and success. The first stage of the process will include a run through of our company culture, as well as a conversation around what is important for you in your next role.
What you'll do
- Assist in origination activities including market research, organising and attending meetings, tracking potential investment opportunities.
- Evaluate new investment opportunities, considering returns in the context of identified risks, how these can be managed and other mitigating factors.
- Analyse, own and maintain complex financial models.
- Conduct financial, legal and technical due diligence on new investment opportunities, managing specialist external advisors.
- Prepare and present investment papers detailing new opportunities to the Investment Committee.
- Assist in the preparation of transaction contracts – reviewing and assisting negotiations of contractual terms.
- Arrange project finance which will include the management of lenders and their advisors
- Manage interactions with professional advisors including legal and technical.
What you'll need
- Keen interest in the international Renewables sector
- Prior experience is required, ideally in a transaction role, from an investment bank, project finance lender, a fund manager, industrial or in a corporate finance team at one of the big 4 accountants. Prior experience in Renewables / Infrastructure / Energy sector is preferred but not essential.
- Strong analytical and Excel financial modelling skills, including VBA.
- A strong understanding of financial valuation theories coupled with core accounting and tax skills and an ability to read financial statements confidently; professional financial qualifications (accountancy, CFA/CA) and/or MBAs desirable but not essential.
- Exceptional project management and organisational skills. Evidence of managing complex workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to understand risks, reach a balanced appraisal of probability and severity and build workable risk mitigation strategies.
- Strong commercial mindset, able to understand the impact of commercial positions on potential investments and the potential to own increasing degrees of decision making over time.
- An ability to focus on the ultimate customer (the investors who trust us with their money) in all aspects of the role is essential.
- A willingness to travel where required.
- Growth mindset to continually improve the way we work and the results we achieve.
- Fluency in German, both written and verbal.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.