Logistics Operations Specialist
Octopus Energy Services 🧰 – Supply Chain & Logistics /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and electric car chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. Utilising Octopus’ awesome tech power, we deliver smart energy solutions for our customers. As the face of the company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the same outrageous experience Octopus customers love and expect.
At Octopus Energy Services, we’re executing phenomenal growth plans, and we recognise our supply chain as a critical strategic enabler to help deliver our aspirations at speed and scale. Find out more about where we come from and what makes us tick from our CEO, John HERE
This role is based in our brand new distribution centre in Hinckley. It's a hands on role to co-ordinate the warehouse and transport logistics teams, supporting the efficient running of distribution and transport operations for Octopus Energy Services.
We are looking for somebody with awesome planning and organising skills and a keen eye to detail. The role will be broad, varied and will evolve over time and will be a key step to further development for an individual interested in career progression.
What you'll do
- You’ll support the Warehouse and Transport operations teams to achieve a brilliant service level to our customers
- You’ll work in an environment of having an overview of the operations, a little like being in a control tower, controlling the flow of work to help us to achieve the best service and efficiency at the same time
- You’ll be a very smart cookie, with the ability to work with spreadsheets and carry out a high level of analysis
- You’ll be confident in working with many and varied systems, whether they are Automation systems and robotics
- You’ll co-ordinate pick wave releases and advise managers on resource allocation to best achieve a smooth running operation to achieve our goals
- You’ll be the main point of contact between the installation scheduling team, the distribution team and our transport delivery partners to co-ordinate activities and to achieve service goals
- You’ll be the keeper of training records and co-ordinate re-training when necessary to keep our team operating safely and effectively
- You’ll ensure our operation maintains great quality and accuracy by co-ordinating stock checks, carrying out physical stock checks and carry out physical customer order quality checks as an independent auditor
- You’ll carry out periodic analysis of product storage positions and co-ordinate subsequent movements providing the most efficient product layout
- You’ll need to be flexible and expect the roles and responsibilities to adapt as the operation matures
What you'll need
- Ace with computers and comfortable with adopting and promoting the use of new tech
- Flexible to work and lead shifts allocated between 06:00 – 22:00 any day of the week
- You focus on output, not input, what’s important verses what’s not important and obsessively strive to make things better
- Tip top organisation skills. You’re definitely a bit obsessive about whatever you do being the very best there is, checking you’ve got things right. Its your job, not someone else’s!
- You love people, you'll be working amongst other awesome humans
- You’ll need to be flexible and expect the role and responsibilities to adapt as the operation matures (like a fine wine)
- Previous warehouse or Transport scheduling experience is an advantage
- Full Clean Driving license (you'll hop into driving & warehouse to support)
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.