Electric Vehicles Sales Specialist
Octopus Electric Vehicles – Sales
Electric cars are coming faster than most people can imagine. According to Stanford University, by 2025 there’ll be no new petrol or diesel cars in production. Just like the iPhone revolutionised phones, Tesla is revolutionising cars and it’s not just Tesla with so many manufacturers having great EVs.
Octopus Electric Vehicles was launched in 2018 to make it easy for individuals and businesses to make the transition to zero-carbon driving. Our mission is to drive sustainable change and provide our customers with fair pricing and a fantastic experience.
Every day, we bring together great offers on electric vehicles and everything needed to go with them: chargepoint installations for home and businesses, energy tariffs designed for EV drivers, and a free VIP support service from vehicle selection to each electric journey. We’ve already helped hundreds of drivers make the transition and we are looking forward to helping thousands more.
We also run events with businesses and communities to enable drivers and decision makers to get behind the wheel for themselves, and think through how electric driving could work for them.
Our group includes Octopus Energy, Kraken Technology and Octopus Energy Services and together, we recently secured over £300 million of investment from Origin, Australia’s largest Energy Company to help continue our mission.
We're looking for an Electric Vehicles Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for managing sales directly with our customers.
What you'll do
- Attend our own consumer marketing events to spread the word of electric vehicles and how we can help!
- Manage your sales pipeline from lead through to delivery and deliver sales in line with KPIs
- Provide excellent customer service both through the sales process and also in after-sales customer care
- Work with the rest of the team to iterate propositions and materials for the consumer market
What you'll need
- To be a smart and ambitious sales people with a background and track record in direct to consumer sales (in a regulated industry would be a bonus)
- Lots of initiative; we’ll get you up to speed on our offering but this is a new part of the transportation market and you’ll need to feel comfortable dealing with fast changing parameters which require constant learning
- An entrepreneurial flair with a strong customer focus; this is the core to our approach
- Commercial acumen – experience of consumer finance is particularly attractive
- A passion for cars and interest in technology and/or sustainability
- A full, clean UK driving licence
What you'll get
- Equity Option Scheme (own part of the business)
- Competitive commission structure
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups – making it easy for individuals and businesses to get electric cars, electric fleet and other electric vehicles. If this sounds exciting and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!