Senior Finance Manager
London, UK /
Octopus Energy UK 🇬🇧 – Finance /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
As we expand in the UK and Globally, we're looking for a Senior Finance Manager to work closely with our Group Financial Controller, driving the development of Group financial control across our global operations.
You'll need experience in local and international accounting standards and large, fast-paced, rapidly growing, global organisations.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience identifying and addressing audit risks and implementing accounting excellence and consistency. At Octopus, we hire great people who can move quickly across a complex business. Being able to thrive in a fast-paced environment is super important for this role.
Some international travel will be required.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with international and divisional financial controllers to identify and assess risks associated with their areas of responsibility
- Develop and implement new controls and processes to mitigate identified risks and support rapid growth
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of a development programme for the various entities
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the group’s financial processes and governance
- Ensure implementation of accounting excellence across the group including acquisition integrations and foreign subsidiary group reporting - alignment of companies we buy to our group policies
- Work closely with our strategic finance, legal and tax teams on project implementations such as acquisitions, group restructures, and software implementations
- Lead on accounting for due diligence on M&A activities working with the Group Strategy team
What you'll need
- Big 4 qualified with at least 3 years post-qualified experience in practice or in internal audit in industry (preferably with Fintech/Technology client or working at one)
- Experience in controls implementations and business process improvements
- The ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to effectively form trusted relationships with business unit management teams but at the same time retain an ability to challenge with empathy and understanding. Excellent communication and listening skills will be core to this
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.