Octopus Energy UK – Customer Operations /
We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment. We’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future. Better value, by throwing away the old business models of the “Big 6” and instead building a business that’s fit for the 21st century. We make energy green and flexible for consumers, with fair and transparent pricing. Through our home developed platform, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, modelling and AI, we’re redefining what is possible in energy.
Our breakthrough Agile tariff has been widely reported as leading the way in energy innovation, and we’re passionate about fairness – we were first to uncover the widespread strategy of energy company tease and squeeze pricing and following on from this campaign, our CEO and Founder Greg Jackson presented evidence in favour of capping energy tariff prices before the bill committee in Parliament.
We already supply 100% renewable energy to nearly 2 million homes and over 15,000 businesses (including Arsenal FC and the Cardiff Blues to help them power their stadiums with 100% renewable energy) throughout Great Britain and we’re also the supplier behind M&S Energy. We’re award winning for our disruptive technology and are delighted to be the only energy supplier to pass the rigorous Which? customer service tests and be their only recommended energy supplier for 4 years in a row.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For. Our group includes Octopus Energy, Octopus for Business, Kraken Technology, Octopus Electric Vehicles and Octopus Energy Services as well as our new net zero Centre - Octopus Centre for Net Zero.
We recently secured over £500 million of investment from Origin, Australia's largest Energy Company and Tokyo Gas, to help us continue on our mission.
A role within customer operations at Octopus Energy is a chance to join an exciting scale-up business within the energy supply sector – one that’s at the forefront of changing the landscape of the energy industry. A job with us offers you the chance to contribute to building world class operations that will catapult you into a fantastic career.
We know having a diverse & open culture fosters success and drives innovation. We're looking for Energy Specialists to join our team in Leicester.
What you'll do...
- Talk to customers over the phone or via email, engaging with industry stakeholders, and highlighting inefficiencies all form part of the day to day role.
- Working in Operations, you’ll be at the heart of everything we do - working with customers.
- Taking full responsibility for all issues that you come across, you’ll be delivering end to end customer service. Gone are the days of customers getting stuck in a never ending loop of being transferred between departments, you’ll be fully trained in every aspect of the customer experience and be able to help with any problem.
- Every day, we come across problems not seen before, and those in Operations are tasked with bringing about awesome solutions while keeping up with rapid fire change as we grow. Expect the unexpected.
The types of people we would love to hear from are those that are...
- Excited to help customers - Customers are at the centre of everything we do. From the CEO to our Data Scientists, everyone across the business deals with customers. In Operations, we’re at the forefront and the main point of call for all our customers and it will be your main responsibility to go to the ends of the earth to keep our customers impressed and excited about Octopus Energy being their energy supplier.
- Open minded - We’re a rapidly growing company, which means sometimes things go wrong, and we don’t shy away from this. We take everything as a learning curve and expect you to as well, being proactive in spotting weak areas and suggesting solutions and improvements to the customer’s experience.
- Approachable - Everything we do in operations, and across Octopus, is built around teamwork. People in our teams are always there to support and help each other and we expect everyone to be a team player.
- Inclusive - We are looking to continue building our wonderful, inclusive culture full of enthusiastic, unique and diverse people from all backgrounds as we grow and continue to change the industry.
- Dedicated to sustainability - As a renewable energy supplier, those who are a part of our team are also deeply committed to helping in any way they can in their own lives in the fight against climate change and making a positive impact for the future.
- Committed to improvement - Our energy specialists are the main point of call for our customers and their input hugely shapes the customer journey. We are looking for people who will actively looking for ways in which we can improve the customer experience and not be afraid to speak up.
- A strong work ethic - A role in operations is very fast paced and can be challenging at times. We’re looking for people who can deal with challenging situations and who are responsible for their own future by working extremely hard to achieve their goals.
Getting to this point would not have been possible without the commitment and hard work of everyone in the team. Every Friday afternoon we have ‘Family Dinner’, where all our teams connect through a video link with snacks and drinks for updates from the week and to recognise achievements across the teams. We are growing very quickly and enjoy celebrating our hard-earned milestones, so don’t be surprised if we have a little celebration here and there (sometimes with bouncy castles full of cuddly Octopuses), like when we reached half a million customers.
If you want to be a part of this team and journey then we want to hear from you.
If this opportunity sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we're doing at Octopus Energy then we'd love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.