Plumber - Nationwide
Octopus Energy Services 🧰 – Heat Pumps /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
Do you want to help the UK decarbonise its homes with incredible low-carbon tech? Can you deliver outstanding service to our customers and take them on a journey to net zero?
We’ve fallen head-over-heels with heat pumps, which instantly reduce our customers' carbon footprint. We are looking for experienced domestic heating plumbers Nationwide who share our vision: Moving away from fossil fuels and towards sustainable, smart technologies for our customers.
Octopus will provide all the in-house training and support you’ll need to upskill from fossil fuel heating systems to full Air Source Heat Pump Installations.
What you'll do
- You’ll work as part of a team of two to install low carbon technology in customers homes - starting with Air Source Heat Pumps
- You’ll learn about new technologies and get awesome training to give you the skills to assist the installation engineer from day one
- You’ll use your knowledge and experience of domestic heating and plumbing systems to prepare and install unvented cylinders, pipework and radiators
- Make sure we carry out work cleanly and respectfully at a customer's property
- Planning and communicating with your team and customers
- Ensure the smooth running of the Heat Pump Installation
- Problem Solve - nothing is insurmountable - you’ll anticipate problems and find solutions quickly and efficiently.
What you'll have
- You’ll be an experienced plumber with plenty of experience on the ‘wet’ side of domestic heating systems, including unvented
- A laser customer focus - communication is key
- A proactive, ‘can do’ attitude - we’ll do everything to make the customer experience perfect
- A keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills
- NVQ Level 2 plumbing (or equivalent experience)
- Full, clean driving licence
- WRAS Water Supply Regs or UHW10/HWSS Unvented DHW Storage Systems are beneficial but not essential!
What we offer
- What we offer:
- £26,000 - £30,000 base salary depending on experience, (+ London weighting if living within M25)
- £2,500 annual performance bonus
- Share Options in Octopus Energy Group
- £25 per week lunch allowance
- Use of company tools
- Uniform and all PPE
- Company vehicle and fuel
- Future opportunity to grow and develop towards becoming a Heat Pump Engineer
- Octopus Energy benefits package (see below)
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- We've officially a world class company to work for [Best Companies] and we're in Glassdoor's [Top 50 best places to work in 2022]
- What do you get? Click here
More about our Low Carbon Team...
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.We’ve fallen head-over-heels with heat pumps - which provide an ultra-efficient, reliable alternative to gas boilers.
Our low carbon heating teams will learn all about them at our £10m training and R&D centre to become the defining force in installing these magical systems. Utilizing Octopus Energy’s awesome tech power we’re making electric heating the smart, accessible and clean choice for every home in the UK.At Octopus, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. As the face of the whole company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the outrageous experience Octopus Energy customers love and expect.
We need awesome people to drive the global renewable energy revolution and help make our vision a reality. We are looking for Plumbers who share our vision to move away from fossil fuels and provide low carbon sustainable heating technology to our customers.
Do you want to help our customers decarbonise their homes with incredible low carbon tech? Apply now!
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.