Customer Support Specialist
Octopus Energy Services 🧰 – Operations /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy is a tech-led energy business, bringing fairer, greener energy to everyone, and leading the transition to a future powered by renewable sources rather than dirty power. Our tech platform Kraken, and the power of the smart meter, lead the way to a renewable energy future by taking the peak-time strain off the National Grid and enabling a unique consumer-led opportunity to transition to a flexible smart grid. Or in other words, our tech works with smart meters to offer customers cheaper, greener power, when the wind blows and the sun shines, right now.
Our smart meter programme is the hardware backbone of that innovation. We're building a field force of engineers and support staff to install smart meters alongside other renewable tech such as EV charge points, air source heat pumps and solar panels. We pride ourselves on delivering on the doorstep, the same outrageous customer service that has seen Octopus Energy achieve 5-star Trust Pilot ratings (with over 25,000 reviews) and the only energy company to be recommended by Which? six years in a row.
We're looking for Customer Support Specialists - this is a broad role, involving a spectrum of responsibilities. Your role will focus on ensuring we deliver exceptional service to both our customers and field team.
- This is a multi-functional role with customers at the forefront. We need people who are open to the ever changing dynamic of the industry and can adapt and overcome all that comes their way.
- We have many different teams who carry out a variety of functions, from delivering outstanding customer service to accurately scheduling appointments and supporting our engineers on site.
- We’re looking for team players who are up for a challenge; who want to work in a start-up environment and who get what a great customer experience is.
- Taking full responsibility for all issues that you come across, you’ll be delivering end to end customer service. Gone are the days of customers getting stuck in a never ending loop of being transferred between departments.
What you'll need
- Successful candidates will be outgoing and have a passion for building strong relationships with customers
- You’ll have a strong understanding of how to provide a great customer experience through both written and verbal communication methods
- You’ll be a passionate team player who wants to work in a collaborative team environment.
What we value
- We will invest in your professional training and development!
- Shifts are 8 hours between 8am - 10pm weekdays, on a rota basis. Weekend shifts occur every 6 weeks, for which you’ll get a weekday off in lieu
- Salary: £24,300 per year
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.