Marketing & Product – Design /
We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
We’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future. Better value, by throwing away the old business models of the “Big 6” and instead building a business that’s fit for the 21st century. We make energy green and flexible for consumers, with fair and transparent pricing. Through our home developed platform, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, modelling and AI, we’re redefining what is possible in energy.
Our breakthrough Agile tariff has been widely reported as leading the way in energy innovation, and we’re passionate about fairness – we were first to uncover the widespread strategy of energy company tease and squeeze pricing and following on from this campaign, our CEO and Founder Greg Jackson presented evidence in favour of capping energy tariff prices before the bill committee in Parliament.
We already supply 100% renewable energy to over 1.5 million homes and over 12,000 businesses (including Arsenal Emirates) throughout Great Britain and we’re also the supplier behind M&S Energy. We’re award winning for our disruptive technology and are delighted to be the only energy supplier to pass the rigorous Which? customer service tests and be their only recommended supplier for 3 years in a row.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For. Our group includes Octopus Energy, Kraken Technology, Octopus Electric Vehicles and Octopus Energy Services.
We recently secured over £300 million of investment from Origin, Australia's largest Energy Company, to help us continue our mission. This will help power our growth into new markets, build more tech to make energy greener, and increase our investment in service and growth in our existing markets (the UK and Germany). You can read more about the impact of this investment here.
We are looking for a creative problem-solver to create frictionless, unified experiences through human-centred design. In this role, you will touch every stage of the customer journey and be involved in all parts of the design process. Working with the Design Team, you will help grow and develop the Octopus brand across sectors including renewable energy, electric vehicles, and the smart home.
We’re looking for someone with a strong bias-to-action, who's passionate about designing simple, elegant user experiences, and using human-centred design as a source of inspiration to solve complex problems on behalf of our current customers.
What you'll do
- You will work with a wildly talented, diverse and passionate team. Focusing on a range of large-scale and complex design challenges
- You will work across designing for print collateral and the occasional digital projects
- You will support events with appropriate design and marketing collateral.
- You will work across adobe suite programs like Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- You will use analytics data to create appropriate marketing response work through print and digital campaigns
- You will think beyond creating print materials and capture the bigger picture
What you'll have
- An ability to pick up work in a fast paced environment with a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of editorial design, working with copy, events marketing collateral, and branding.
- An in depth knowledge of print design and production.
- An interest in sustainability, green energy and zero emissions transport.
- An ability to respond to complicated briefs from stakeholders, make decisions and communicate an appropriate response/strategy.
- Editorial design experience is a bonus (being able to work with large amounts of texts and brochures)
- Previous experience across print and digital design
- Knowledge of UX/UI is a bonus
- The ability to be a confident and flexible designer. Your sweet spot is the intersection of design and social impact.
- An agile mindset; you can both nurture a cohesive product vision and finesse visual designs at a vector or pixel level.
- An ability to relate to individuals and nurture other team members.
- A degree in Graphic Design, Creative marketing/advertising, or Visual communication, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools such as Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop (Knowledge of other adobe suite is a plus)
What you'll get
- Equity Option Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!