Labourer - Remote
England, UK /
Octopus Energy Services 🚗 – Low Carbon Heating /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
What you'll do
- Assist Heat Pump Installation Engineers with pipework runs, soldering, pipe routes through buildings, hanging radiators, drilling holes, pipe lagging etc
- Assist Electricians with cable routes, drilling holes, lifting floorboards, and making good
- Getting the right kit to the right place at the right time
- Making sure we carry out works cleanly and respectfully at a customer property
- Planning and communicating with your team and customers
- Ensure the smooth running of the Heat Pump Installation
- Problem Solve - nothing is insurmountable - you’ll anticipate problems and find solutions quickly and efficiently
What you'll have
- A laser customer focus - communication is key
- A proactive, ‘can do’ attitude - we’ll do everything to make the customer experience perfect
- A keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills
- Good experience with domestic plumbing and heating systems
- NVQ in heating and plumbing is desirable, but not essential. If you have some super experience in this area that will be great too!
- Full, clean Driving Licence
What we offer
- £20,000 basic salary (depending on experience) £2,500 annual bonus
- Shares in Octopus Energy
- £25 per week lunch allowance
- Company Vehicle and fuel
- Use of company tools
- Uniform and all PPE
- Octopus Energy benefits package (see below)
- Future opportunity to grow and develop towards a fully qualified heat pump installer
- Our company culture - we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events - we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents - get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme - employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme - to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your healthWe also have access to the EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme - if you want to get an EV!
More about our Low Carbon Team
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We’ve fallen head-over-heels with heat pumps - which provide an ultra-efficient, reliable alternative to gas boilers. Our low carbon heating teams will learn all about them at our £10m training and R&D centre to become the defining force in installing these magical systems. Utilizing Octopus Energy’s awesome tech power we’re making electric heating the smart, accessible and clean choice for every home in the UK.
At Octopus, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. As the face of the whole company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the outrageous experience Octopus Energy customers love and expect.
We need awesome people to drive the global renewable energy revolution and help make our vision a reality. We are looking for crew members with site experience who share our vision to move away from fossil fuels and provide low carbon sustainable heating technology to our customers.
This is a unique opportunity to learn renewable heating from the inside and, if you have what it takes, we’ll support you to become a fully qualified heat pump installation engineer over time...
If this all sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.