Sr. Developer Relations Manager
OctoML is a fast-growing startup developing the industry's leading machine learning deployment platform. We enable customers to take ML models to production faster and with greater performance. OctoML's mission is to make AI sustainable and accessible so it can be used to thoughtfully improve lives.
We are founded by the creators of Apache TVM, the open-source stack for ML performance and portability. TVM automates the optimization of machine learning models on CPUs, GPUs, edge devices, and specialized accelerators. Building on the success of TVM, our cloud-based OctoML Platform provides choice, automation, and performance to organizations that are taking their trained models to production.
Our team consists of experts in machine learning, hardware, cloud services, and compilers. We have secured over $130M in venture capital funding and will continue to grow over the next year. We're based largely in Seattle, but have a remote-first culture with people working all over the US and elsewhere in the world.
We dream big but execute with focus and believe in creativity, productivity, and a balanced life. We value diversity in all dimensions and are always looking for talented people to join our team!
OctoML is looking for a Sr. Developer Relations Manager who can showcase our incredible technology both in and outside the company. This role will contribute to developing the tech industry ecosystem while working with the OctoML product and engineering teams to communicate third-party feedback.
As the Sr. Developer Relations Manager, you will:
- Interact with the most innovative engineers inside and outside of OctoML.
- Represent OctoML at tech conferences (e.g. AI/ML, DevOps), events, and with the technical press and bloggers.
- Lead visibility and presence at tech conferences.
- Manage relationships with external technical influencers.
- Establish credibility with developers and developer communities as a thought leader.
- Advocate internally for the practitioner community's needs, working with OctoML product and engineering/ML research teams to influence features and technology strategy.
- Plan and implement projects that strengthen OctoML's tech brand internally and externally.
- Plan and implement programs for OctoML's engineers to share technical knowledge and innovations externally.
- Create code samples, demos, prototypes, articles, and tutorials to engage technical audiences at scale.
- Plan and implement regular technical events for external practitioners.
- Present technical sessions at conferences and run workshops.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand and vocalize open source and tech community-building strategies.
- Execute new strategies to increase and maximize engagement with the right audiences on the proper channels.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Professional experience in developer relations or other similar function.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation of Developer Relations-related projects.
- Understanding of AI/Cloud /Data communities and technical experience/knowledge.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding technical story teller.
- High quality portfolio, demo tutorials, blogs, conference talks, and technical blogs.
Location: Remote - USA/Canada
OctoML aims to provide the resources that employees need to be healthy and comfortable. Our benefits include:
- 100% employer paid premium for employee and dependents (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance)
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- 401(k) options
- Remote and telework setups for employees
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible time off, company paid holidays, and company downtime 2x per year
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
OctoML is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire based on an evaluation of abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.