Product manager - Native apps team
Oslo, Berlin or Helsinki /
Product & Tech – Product Management /
Oda is a company on the move. We built Norway’s leading online grocery store and now we want to share what we’ve created with the world! Delivering a huge range of high-quality, affordable groceries and fresh produce to millions of doorsteps is a complex process, but we believe we’ve cracked the code. Using data-driven methodology, with a focus on sustainability all the way along the chain, we are building the most efficient retail system in the world. With solid backing from some of the biggest international investors in the world, we’re proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
As Product Manager for the Native apps team you will be part of a visionary product team where we have a small and experienced group of product managers. We are organised into cross-functional teams with software engineers, designers, data scientists & analysts, where each team sets strategy and delivers upon a well defined problem area. Some of us focus on customer experience and our shop platform, while others focus on building world class logistics for our warehouse or distribution operations.
What you’ll do as a Product manager for our native apps team
- Strategise and shape the future of our global native apps: You will define, facilitate and communicate our future iOS and Android product and platform strategy ensuring short and long term impact. Make sure we know what we want to build, based on insight into customer, internal users or logistics needs and problems worth solving together with designers, data analysts & scientists, software engineers, growth experts, logistics experts and more.
- Lead the way and collaborate: You will lead the day-to-day product & technology development end-to-end as part of a cross-functional team, enable other teams to create value in our product and collaborate closely with other PMs across the organisation ensuring a global product experience across all clients and surfaces.
- Set goals and measure: Challenge the team and company to raise the bar, truly innovate and achieve high impact. Measure if we are on track, and adjust strategy and priorities accordingly. As we rapidly scale our business you need to balance long term bets and investments with short term tactical deliveries.
- Ship and support: Help and enable the team to design experiments, deliver and learn from actions as we ship. Make sure your team supports your stakeholders and handle fix ups.
What we offer
- Colleagues who shoot for the stars and care about helping each other
- A flat hierarchy where we come together across disciplines to solve complex and exciting product & tech challenges
- The chance to contribute to our success. Aligning via OKRs ensures focus, motivation to reach ambitious targets and autonomy in achieving outcome - andFlow, our own way of working within and between teams to create value.
- The chance to get in on scaling a tech company, and the freedom to shape our path and create sustainable growth for a product loved by many
- A transparent workplace where tools like Quip and Slack helps us to stay in the loop - with fewer emails and meetings!
- A personal development path in a company that cares about learning, and sharing knowledge. Also, the chance to contribute to open source projects (like Django) or meet ups within your discipline
- Hackathons, team off-sites and great lunch from our chefs
- Vibrant and collaboration-friendly office spaces in Nydalen, Oslo
- Possibility to invest in private company stock options
- A flexible work schedule with a healthy work-life balance
- Help with relocating to Norway
To be successful, we believe
- You know fully the ins and outs of building amazing products in a modern tech company, guided by an unquestionable product sense. End-user always in mind, you wish to create a lasting impression and solve real problems. You understand deeply the complexities of scaling a tech platform and the challenges and opportunities of a rapid growth journey.
- We believe you to be a solid and resilient leader who sees things through. You display some high level leadership behaviours: balancing inclusivity with assertiveness, leading by example, growing teams, building relationships and having a big picture mindset. We believe you are comfortable with responsibility, sets direction and takes action in high levels of complexity and uncertainty.
- You don’t have to speak Norwegian, but we do expect you to be fluent in English and want to live in Oslo or Berlin. And yes, we’ll help you relocate.
You’ll probably need these qualifications
- Strong experience as Product manager or equivalent, in a modern product and tech company
- Hands on experience building native app platforms and leading cross-functional product teams delivering complex software solutions
- Solid experience in/knowledge of software development, machine learning, analytics and/or logistics
- An MSc within technology, design, management or equivalent
- Fluency in English
As a part of Oda you’ll will be working with enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people, shaping tomorrow’s shopping experience. Come build the future with us!
If you’d like to know more about how we work, check out our stories on Medium. We look forward to hearing from you!