Android Software Engineer, Finland
Product & Tech – Software Engineering /
Oda is a company on the move. We built Norway’s leading online grocery store and now we want to share what we’ve created with the world! Delivering a huge range of high-quality, affordable groceries and fresh produce to millions of doorsteps is a complex process, but we believe we’ve cracked the code. Using data-driven methodology, with a focus on sustainability all the way along the chain, we are building the most efficient retail system in the world. With solid backing from some of the biggest international investors in the world, we’re proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
Our Shop Platform teams create the world’s most customer friendly and efficient online grocery shopping experience. The teams build and scale all end-user product experiences (e.g. on web, app and communication), custom built tools and solutions for content & marketing, category & product management, pricing, customer service, user & order management, as well as underlying core services such as payment platform, order handling, recommendation engines and user modeling. Our end to end shop platform is built on a unique combination of great user experience, software and AI with complete control over all data.
We have recently announced our plans for expansion to Finland. In order to build our organization, we are now looking for Android Software Engineers located in Helsinki. As an Android software engineer you will be a part of a cross functional product team with software engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists. You will join the Shop Platform as one of the primary developers of our Android app used by thousands of families every single day.
What you'll do
- Be our Android champion: You’ll be one of the primary drivers for a truly excellent Android app experience, and build it in collaboration with a cross-functional team of designers and other developers
- Take our app to the next level: Write high-quality and maintainable Kotlin code, ensure our Android app has a scalable architecture and a great user-friendly user experience
- Set architecture and direction: Build great native experiences where it matters, cross platform views where it makes sense — and contribute to building our component based-framework in collaboration with iOS and web developers
- Contribute end-to-end: Build functionality in our Python (Django) backend API, contribute to UX design initiatives, and take part in product development
What we offer
- You will get a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in one of the fastest growing technology companies in the Nordics. We were recently awarded Unicorn status!
- Great opportunities for personal development and progression in a fast growing company
- A workplace in constant change and plenty of opportunity for new challenges
- Enthusiastic colleagues who care about helping others
- You will get to know our way of working with OKR's, a vision we share with Google, Twitter og Uber
- You’ll be a part of a company with a flat structure and autonomous working style, and part-take in a stream of transparent updates and discussions using tools like Quip and Slack
- Room for a flexible work schedule with a healthy work-life balance
- You’ll be an instrumental part of our success when entering the Finnish market
- You’ll of course come and visit us in Oslo, and show us around Helsinki when the world is ready for travel!
- You’ll get to understand and part take in organizational development, collaboration, strategy building and product development in the most forward leaning industry there is.
To be successful, we believe you
- Have an eye for details and strive to create great user experiences
- Write robust, well-tested and documented code of high quality
- Can work independently, manage your own time and take ownership of tasks from start to finish, while also thriving in teams where you get the best out of your colleagues
- Are pragmatic when needed, and enjoy a dynamic everyday life where priorities and needs change
- Continuously hone your skills through feedback and learning, and like to share what they learn with the people around you
The following will probably be helpful
- Solid experience with the Android ecosystem and platforms, and follow the development of Android closely to stay updated on best practices
- Having built modern Android apps in Kotlin, and are familiar with coroutines, view models and Dagger
- Higher education in technology
- Fluency in English
As a part of Oda you’ll will be working with enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people, shaping tomorrow’s shopping experience. Come build the future with us!
If you’d like to know more about how we work, check out our stories on Medium. We look forward to hearing from you!