Technical Program Manager
Offchain Labs is building a suite of scaling solutions for Ethereum. This includes Arbitrum, an Optimistic Rollup, that instantly scales apps, reducing costs and increasing capacity, without sacrificing Ethereum's security. Porting contracts to Arbitrum requires no code changes or downloads since it’s compatible with existing Ethereum developer languages and tooling. Arbitrum today is the leading Ethereum scaling solution with dominant market share including hundreds of apps on the platform and over 50% of all rollup liquidity.
Our team is extremely passionate and works tirelessly to bridge the gap between what blockchain is and what blockchain can be. We strive to maintain an atmosphere that fosters innovation and new ideas through collaboration, research, and deep discussions. After raising an initial round of $3.8M in seed funding in January 2019 and a $20M series A, as well as a $100M series B in 2021, we are ready to hire additional team members that have an interest in working in the blockchain space and a knack for approaching problems in unconventional ways
As part of the Product team at Offchain Labs, you will get to work with leaders in the blockchain space solving novel technical, economic, and social challenges.
As the first technical program manager, you will work across our engineering organization to ensure high-quality and timely releases across our technical stack. In this role, you will work directly on managing and improving the development and release processes for protocol and smart contract updates, internal and external infrastructure changes, and front-end development. You will also be responsible for ensuring technical changes are properly communicated and are sufficiently visible both internally and externally.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the weekly/bi-weekly release processes for our core node software, ensuring that we ship often and on-time
- Manage, iterate, and advocate for the organizational processes and documentation that our engineering teams use to track and prioritize projects
- Contribute to the scoping and planning process for all technical projects, facilitating healthy and frequent allocation of time
- Use your technical experience to identify risks and opportunities across teams
- Drive projects to completion, working with the broader product team and cross-functional teams to make sure we are making progress toward our OKRs and other relevant goals
Who You Are:
- 3 or more years of experience with project/program management, with a successful track record of shipping software across the lifecycle as an engineer or alongside technical teams
- Experience in the blockchain industry is a plus
- Competent CS fundamentals, either in a formal university program or through self-learning
- You have experience managing technical sprints and documentation (i.e. JIRA/Confluence, Github issues, etc.)
- You have experience balancing several projects at once alongside both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- You have a strong passion for enabling organizations to succeed while striking the right balance of process, holding individuals accountable while remaining aware of opportunities and risks
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or startup is a nice to have, but not required
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in developing and improving Arbitrum. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.