Austin, TX /
Engineering – Infrastructure /
OJO Labs was founded on the belief that complex decision making could be made better through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. Our company has developed a unique, AI-based technology that combines natural language processing, machine learning, and human support. The offering allows for consumers to gain a better understanding of the market as well as their own wants and needs prior to interacting with an expert.
The first big decision we’re tackling is homebuying and selling. We are building an end-to-end real estate platform which provides consumers personalized guidance throughout their journey, readying them to make meaningful connections with experts. In addition, we provide brokers, agents, and loan officers warm and informed introductions to consumers, along with the tools to support a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’d be helping to build technologies that will significantly advance the world’s largest consumer industries while setting a new standard for engagement between people, information, and companies.
About OJO Engineering
At OJO Engineering, we highly value a thirst for learning, the ability to collaborate, and passion for our customers. We are excited to tackle hard technical problems. We take our responsibility seriously as we use technology to help our customers make important, sometimes life changing decisions. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment alongside some of the best engineers in Austin, come join us!
- Be an equal partner to all teams in Engineering, providing infrastructure and continuous deployment tooling to maximize development speed and ease
- Participate in building a strong culture that values learning and collaboration
- Provide highly available infrastructure and drive best practices for systems design, container orchestration, internal tooling, and automation
- Participate in and contribute to the improvement of on-call and incident management
- Provide infrastructure and application lifecycle management through CI/CD and site reliability engineering practices
- Enable engineering teams to scale and operate services reliably and cost-effectively
What we're looking for
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and container design patterns.
- Experience with Kubernetes and AWS best practices, cross-account integration in AWS, cloud networking and security, identity access management, and autoscaling.
- Experience with end-to-end continuous delivery of infrastructure using code.
- Ability to work closely with development teams to brainstorm, design, and implement GitOps workflows that deploy infrastructure and software using modern IaC tools like Cloudformation, Terraform, Flux, Kustomize, and Helm.
- Excellent troubleshooting, investigation, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to design software and operational workflows for safe online upgrades and zero-downtime maintenance.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex production issues and develop and maintain clear site reliability documentation and a drive for identifying essential signals in a system to support operational excellence.
- Strong experience in application development lifecycles.
- Experience writing code as a production software engineer and an understanding of the value and implementation of software development processes like unit testing, performance testing, canary deployments, and code branching and releasing.
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
Who is OJO?
We are an Austin-based, technology startup focused on fundamentally improving the way people make their most important decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. With offices in Austin, TX, Minneapolis, MN, San Mateo, CA, Chicago, IL and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, we have over 300 employees globally. We are continuously named a Top Place to Work and have recently been named to the Inc. Best Places to Work list for the second year in a row. Backed by top-tier VC’s and industry veterans, we have managed to hire the best technical, product and operational minds to pursue this incredible opportunity. We know we’re onto something big and everyone on our team has a significant impact on our evolving product, team and culture.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home through September 2021, and will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.