Senior Engineering Manager
Austin, TX /
Engineering – Full Stack /
OJO Labs was founded on the belief that complex decision making could be made better through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. Our company has developed a unique, AI-based technology that combines natural language processing, machine learning, and human support. The offering allows for consumers to gain a better understanding of the market as well as their own wants and needs prior to interacting with an expert.
The first big decision we’re tackling is homebuying and selling. We are building an end-to-end real estate platform which provides consumers personalized guidance throughout their journey, readying them to make meaningful connections with experts. In addition, we provide brokers, agents, and loan officers warm and informed introductions to consumers, along with the tools to support a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’d be helping to build technologies that will significantly advance the world’s largest consumer industries while setting a new standard for engagement between people, information, and companies.
About OJO Engineering
At OJO, we highly value a thirst for learning, the ability to collaborate, and passion for our customers. We are excited to tackle hard technical problems. We take our responsibility seriously as we use technology to help our customers make important, sometimes life-changing, buying decisions. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment alongside some of the best engineers in Austin, come join us!
We’re looking for a mindful, empathetic, and self-aware Senior Engineering Manager to join our team to help us move our product and engineering teams forward.
What you'll do:
- You will plan and support career development for the members of your team.
- You will inspire and grow engineers through mentorship, empowerment, and by challenging them to do their best work.
- You will ship features that will delight our users.
- You will partner with product management and design to help set priorities and plan the roadmap for your team.
- You will facilitate technical design discussions, remove blockers and align stakeholders
- You will drive programs in engineering reliability, productivity, process, and quality
- You will recruit and retain best-in-class engineering talent to build a diverse high performing team
- You will inspire an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
What we need from you:
- You have a passion for mentoring and coaching engineers5+ years of leading and managing high-performance engineering teams
- Computer Science or other technical degree (or equivalent job experience)
- Experience running teams in an Agile or Scrum environment
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary
- Proven interests in OJO and attention to detail.
- Please put “Ada Lovelace” in your resume or your cover letter.
- You have a track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality
- You have excellent communication skills
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
Who is OJO?
We are an Austin-based, technology startup focused on fundamentally improving the way people make their most important decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. With offices in Austin, TX, Minneapolis, MN, San Mateo, CA, Chicago, IL and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, we have over 300 employees globally. We are continuously named a Top Place to Work and have recently been named to the Inc. Best Places to Work list for the second year in a row. Backed by top-tier VC’s and industry veterans, we have managed to hire the best technical, product and operational minds to pursue this incredible opportunity. We know we’re onto something big and everyone on our team has a significant impact on our evolving product, team and culture.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home through September 2021, and will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.