Product Marketing Manager - Canada
Austin, TX /
Marketing – Marketing /
OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
About the Marketing Team
The OJO Labs Marketing team is creative, analytical, and passionate about our business, our craft, and our pets; we’re a small and growing high-impact team. We aim to always keep the needs, wants, and goals of consumers at the forefront of every decision OJO makes, through insightful, compelling storytelling that fuses the head and the heart. We influence with deep, quantitative analyses, wrapped in the context of qualitative insights. Every member on the team has their own domain knowledge and subject matter expertise, creating the opportunity and responsibility for ownership and deep collaboration on company-wide initiatives.
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager with a strong track record for developing a deep understanding of consumers and acting on it. You will be part of a team responsible for conceptualizing and executing consumer acquisition and engagement campaigns across a diverse mix of channels including paid acquisition, email, content marketing, and partnerships. As a product marketing manager, you are uniquely positioned to understand consumer wants and needs along with the capabilities of OJO products. In connecting the two, you will ensure that consumers get the best out of OJO in service of their own goals, and that their feedback and insights are used to inform future product strategy.
What you'll do:
- Develop and sharpen OJO's product value proposition both for Canadian consumers and real estate agents OJO works with - and manage where and when to effectively communicate this across channels, and understand what differentiates OJO vs competition - known and emerging alternatives
- Manage integrated product marketing strategy; collaborate across marketing, product, CX, Customer Success etc. (growth, email, social, content, in-product messaging, OOH)
- Continuously help to improve the user journey - driving thoughtful engagement and retention via marketing & product channels - therefore ensuring that new user acquisition is as effective as possible
- Go deep on understanding customers’ needs and develop strategies to educate consumers on the full homebuying process
- Be a champion of OJO consumers in Canada - deeply understand current product users and their sentiment, identify bullseye future users, and communicate these insights to product, CX, engineering, and rest of the marketing teamWork to recruit and engage industry partners, such as real estate agents, to help provide expert guidance to OJO consumers throughout their journey
- Partner with product, CX, marketing to develop educational content and leverage customer insights to drive content strategy
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative research - including user feedback - to inform future product feature development
- Establish success metrics for overall segment and product and track progress against them
What we need from you:
- Growth-oriented, customer-centric strategic mindset
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4-6 years of experience in product marketing and/or marketing strategy within the B2C space. B2B experience is a plus
- Previous experience marketing to Canadian consumers
- Experience using strong strategy frameworks to go from concept to launch
- Understanding of consumer metrics, market segmentation and analytics – a data-driven strategist who understands and analyze how to tap into personal factors that will motivate and engage the user over time
- Proven experience running cross-channel customer acquisition and engagement campaigns (SEM, social, display, content, email, push, SMS, web)
- Practical understanding of website best practices to drive acquisition and engagement, including SEO basics
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to deal with change with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving
- Ability to quickly learn and become fluent in new technologies
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home through September 2021, and will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.