Visual Design Specialist
Remote or NYC /
Customer – Marketing /
Olo is seeking a Visual Design Specialist to develop graphic and visual communications at the company. You will be Olo’s point person for all things visual, from the design of new creative concepts to ensuring a high brand standard of production across collateral and documentation. If you dream in typeface and iconography and feel an impending sense of doom when formatting is out of order, you’re in the right place.
You can work at Olo’s headquarters on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our team is remote.
What You'll Be Doing
- Support company goals through the design, development, and maintenance of visual concepts that are on-brand and within business requirements.
- Presents design concepts to senior management and incorporates feedback as needed.
- Interface with various internal teams and external partners to maintain a high caliber of design and brand identity.
- Assist with deployment of company brand repositioning effort along with our external marketing partners.
- Develop, maintain, and archive company collateral in accordance with brand guidelines and templates.
- Develop and manage content of companywide PowerPoint and other presentation materials.
- Build visual assets to support various content and event marketing initiatives.
- Ensure consistency in visual design language across external company collateral.
- Assist various stakeholders to maintain and enforce brand integrity through all published content.
- Provide design-driven insight to other areas of Olo Marketing to support brand consistency and growth.
- Liaise with Product team to explore potential alignment of B2B2C platform offerings with Olo B2B design aesthetic where possible.
- Manage budget for relevant design components and report on KPIs.
What We'll Expect From You
- You have 3-5+ years of design experience.
- You understand how to translate complicated tech/SaaS concepts into beautiful, simplified design and have the portfolio to prove it.
- You’re proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.
- You’re equally comfortable in graphic design mode and while ensuring successful rollout of those designs and concepts.
- You are able to design across the sales and marketing spectrum for all types of assets.
- You thrive on a small, agile marketing team and are a self-starter.
- You enjoy managing creative feedback and collaborating with senior marketing stakeholders on new concepts.
- You are a self-starter that can independently prioritize workload based on company and team goals.
- You don’t see yourself solely as a B2B designer -- you’re constantly seeking design inspiration from all places.
- You have a proven ability to engage various stakeholders to achieve goals and keep to timelines.
- You thrive in a fast-paced growth stage environment and have the versatility and can-do attitude to match.
- You have a legal right to work in the U.S.
What's Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day. Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!