Learning Design Manager (Remote, USA)
New York, NY /
People + Culture – Employee Engagement /
If you aspire to make a life-long impact on your teammates through the art and science of learning, listen up. Olo's Learning and Development team is growing and is looking for an accomplished design leader who can expand our leadership and non-leadership programming. You will play an essential role in the design of organizational learning, including creating programs from the ground up, continuously improving our current learning offerings, and partnering with subject matter experts to help bring life to their learning needs. You will report to the Associate Director of Learning and Development and will champion our learning design strategy through sound instructional and visual design principles. We are looking for someone who is passionate about amplifying learning in innovative ways without pressing that copy and paste button.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You’ll Do
- Apply instructional design principles (like ADDIE and SAM) and adult learning theory to virtual instructor-led training or asynchronous, on-demand learning creations for all levels
- Map out curricula and learning journeys to serve as the skeleton of Olo's multiple L+D programming
- Project manage, prioritize, and collaborate on incoming L+D design requests
- Partner, coach, and solicit feedback from SMEs and L+D stakeholders on learning design projects
- Assess learning needs through data analysis
- Curate proper ongoing development opportunities for our internal content creators
- Maintain quality in our LMS' programs, calling attention to subpar content
- Manage the relationship between Olo and its LMS and content vendors
- Implement new and relevant learning design tools that are aligned with our L+D strategy
- Produce high-quality, on-brand multimedia assets for different learning programs
- Leverage relevant technologies to modernize and level up our learning experiences
- Facilitate live learning programs to several audiences as needed
What We’ll Expect From You
- 4+ years of experience in learning and development, instructional design, or multimedia design.
- Experience designing a range of programs, including soft skill and technical, in a range of modalities
- Advanced competency in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience leading multiple projects and balancing deadlines
- You're a technical wizard and are never afraid to befriend technology
- You excel in one-on-one partnerships and group collaborations
- You can boldly envision out-of-the box learning programs
- You geek out over instructional design and are in tune with the latest trends, technologies, and practices
Nice to Have
- Advanced in additional Adobe Creative Cloud applications, like After Effects and Audition
- Expert in Articulate 360, specifically Storyline and Rise
- Proficient HTML
- Experience with OBS (Open Broadcaster Software)
- Hold at least one instructional design related certification or L+D certification (like CPTD or ATD)
- Experience with Lessonly or similar cloud-based LMS/content-authoring platforms
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, a 401k match, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!