Senior Software Engineer in Test (Remote, USA)
New York, NY /
Engineering – Quality /
We are looking for a motivated Software Engineer in Test to join the Quality Engineering group and help us develop reliable and scalable automated tests for our infrastructure and platforms. This role will be instrumental in helping Olo release high-quality software.
You'll support one or more smart, passionate engineering teams dedicated to delivering amazing products, and will initially focus on our data and platform infrastructure teams. You'll work with developers and Quality Advocates to prevent defects and performance issues with collaborative test planning and execution. We believe testing, and automating tests, is a craft requiring training and skill. We invest in our employees. Our employees love to learn, and challenge themselves, and challenge each other to grow.
You can work at Olo's headquarters in New York City's Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than two-thirds of our engineering team is remote.
What You'll Do
- Work as a supporting contributor to several development teams, helping them build and execute cutting edge automated tests and performance suites
- Partner with quality advocates to plan and prioritize efficacious automated test coverage
- Develop comprehensive, stable, and reusable automated tests at the API level
- Analyze and troubleshoot application, environment, and infrastructure issues
- Build creative solutions for generating reusable test data
- Build and maintain jobs on a continuous integration build server
- Design and implement cutting edge automated test frameworks and custom testing tools
What We'll Expect From You
- You are comfortable with AWS infrastructure, CI tools, and containerization
- You are familiar with standard object-oriented programming concepts such as classes, interfaces, DRY architecture, abstraction layers, and standard design patterns such as factories and page objects
- You are experienced with industry-standard tools such as Selenium, Postman, RestAssured, or K6
- You've worked with large datasets are comfortable performing data comparisons, including working with and understanding SQL and testing data flows
- You have strong opinions on test automation best practices, and will help the Olo QE team improve our existing processes
- You are comfortable in git, and can checkout, push, merge, and rebase
- US Resident and have a legal right to work in the U.S
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand's own website or app, third-party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 400 brands, such as Applebee's, Checkers & Rally's, Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 65% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!