Remote or NYC /
Engineering – Development /
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption. We’re quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants’ POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart!
We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration, and encourage constant refactoring. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the code base is off limits.
Our current technologies include modern versions of React,TypeScript, Ember, ASP.NET MVC, C#, and F#. We also rely on tools such as AWS, GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Sumo Logic, Datadog, and New Relic. We don’t expect you to have experience with everything on this list, and we’ll help you learn what you don’t know!
As a front-end engineer at Olo, you will play a significant and visible role in helping us build one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the hospitality industry. You will help us shape the digital guest experience for restaurant brands served by Olo. You will contribute to technology selection, architecture and user experience for our front-end applications.
Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote!
What We'll Expect from You
- In-depth experience with the back-end of the stack (Bonus: .NET)
- Experience building ADA compliant user interfaces that put users first and look and feel awesome to use
- Experience creating and maintaining automated tests is a plus
- Leadership experience that spans one or more aspects of technology selection, architecture and design oversight, and mentoring others
- Superb problem solving skills with an emphasis on pragmatism, quality, performance, and scalability
- Passion for learning new skills and technologies
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- BS degree in a technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
What's Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!