Staff Platform Infrastructure Engineer
NYC or Remote /
Platform Engineering – Platform Infrastructure /
Reporting to the Platform Infrastructure Engineering Manager, the Staff Platform Infrastructure Engineer will be leading the team’s efforts to architecting long-term strategic infrastructure solutions to improve development, release workflows, and champion DevOps practices across all of engineering. You will lead conversations and work closely with key stakeholders to ensure vision alignment across several teams.
This is a full-time position. We support remote work from anywhere in the U.S.
What You'll Do
- Provision cloud infrastructure in AWS using infrastructure as code (Vagrant, Terraform, Ansible, Tower, Packer, and Github)
- Develop tools built from the ground up to support self-service, quality, security, and compliance projects.
- Consult with engineering teams to help them use our platform and tools on which to run their applications
- Work with product, architecture, and engineering groups to build a self-service platform that streamlines application developer productivity and throughput
- Create foundational pipelines and automation to deploy containerized applications onto Kubernetes or Nomad clusters
- Solve new problems with modern technologies such as HashiCorp Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
- Analyze resource requirements and usage, and suggest options to optimize and cut costs.
What We'll Expect From You
- Highly proficient with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer in a cloud environment.
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills, forward-looking strategic thinking to solve problems and meet needs before they arise while always striving to find things to improve.
- Proficiency with AWS services, including low-level EC2, VPC, and AMI; and managed services like ELB, EKS, RDS, S3, and ElastiCache.
- Proficiency in scripting in BASH, Python, Powershell, and other languages.
- Experience implementing and supporting a containerization platform with tools such as Docker, Nomad, and Kubernetes.
- Prior hands-on experience with Hashicorp products such as Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
- Experience developing infrastructure and automation solutions in an always up, always available, security-first environment.
- Experience with networks, security groups, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical documentation.
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!