Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote, USA)
New York, NY /
Platform Engineering – Platform Operations /
As part of the Platform Operations team, you will work with development teams in the implementation of infrastructure automation and architecture. We've learned a lot during our growth, and are now going to re-imagine the future of DevOps and how we are going to be that force multiplier for engineering at Olo. You'll join our Developer Productivity team and report to the a Senior Team Lead.
Any engineer may work at Olo's headquarters in New York City's Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote.
What You'll Do
- Provision cloud infrastructure in AWS using infrastructure as code (Vagrant, Terraform, Ansible, Tower, Packer, and Github)
- Consult with engineering teams to help them use our platform and tools on which to run their applications
- Create pull requests for configuration updates and server provisioning following Git workflow
- Help design and maintain pipelines for Olo applications, databases, and infrastructure
- Work with the security team to ensure vulnerabilities are patched
- Configure cloud-based Load Balancers, VPCs, and Security Groups
- Participate in metrics gathering and monitoring activities, and serving on-call rotations with tools such as DataDog, New Relic, Sumo Logic, Raygun, and OpsGenie.
- Administer Windows and Linux Servers
- Analyze resource requirements and usage, and suggest options to optimize and cut costs.
What We'll Expect From You
- High degree of proficiency in Windows Server and Linux administration.
- Experience with web application software development operations in an always up, always available cloud environment.
- Experience with networks, security groups, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components.
- Proficiency with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and Vagrant in a cloud environment.
- Experience operating web applications in AWS with services such as EC2, S3, SQS, RDS, Elasticache, MSK, ECS, and EKS.
- Knowledge of security and compliance best practices.
- Proficiency in scripting in BASH, Python, Powershell, and other languages.
- Experience supporting build/deploy pipelines and Git workflows.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand's own website or app, third-party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 400 brands, such as Applebee's, Checkers & Rally's, Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 65% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!